Small white crawlers in my soil

• Thread starter SamRD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SamRD

SamRD

Hey guys, I noticed today that my plants are full of these crawlers, they seem to all come out after watering. I also noticed some marks on my leaves, I don't know if they are related. What should I do? Btw does anyone know their name?

Image0
Image1
Image2
Image5
Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Damn so there is no pesticide for them? I didn't want these crawling all over my house

They are attracted to moisture and mold. No moisture no springtails.

They are harmless to the plant. I have had them on and off for years in ocean forest. Switched to pro mix again recently. Springtails went away. They eat the decaying organic matter in the soil.

Keep things drier to control them.

SamRD

SamRD

They are attracted to moisture and mold. No moisture no springtails.

They are harmless to the plant. I have had them on and off for years in ocean forest. Switched to pro mix again recently. Springtails went away. They eat the decaying organic matter in the soil.

Keep things drier to control them.
Which pro mix do you use? BX? Good to know it's ok for the plant, but still you know I wouldn't want to see these over my work desk or bed

Some more pics

Image0
Image1
Image2
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Which pro mix do you use? BX? Good to know it's ok for the plant, but still you know I wouldn't want to see these over my work desk or bed

Some more pics

They dont wander around. They will stay and breed and feed whereber the standing moisture is. So if you have a leak under the sink for example they will stay under there.

It does jump when disturbed right? Springtails have a “spring” appendage on their belly they use to jump.

SamRD

SamRD

Few more days and it seems something else is there too that's damaging the leaves 😞 white dots and spots and some black ones too. It looks like spider mite damage, what can I do?

Image0
Image1
Image2
Top Bottom