Small yellow spots on the leaves, a sign of nutritional deficiency?

• Thread starter BlueberryNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Hi!
Lately the colors of the new leaves are starting to be less homogeneous, the colors are normal but some tend to show some yellow spots, I would absolutely like to avoid a lack or excess of nutrients.
I'm about to buy some fungi, but I am undecided between two products, which one would you buy?
I am sure enough that mykos by extreme gardening is better in quantity/price with a great quality , but I always look for the product that gives me the best harvest...
https://www.amazon.com/Mykos-Natura...dchild=1&keywords=mykos&qid=1616707895&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Nut...d+Nutrients+Piranha+250&qid=1616707946&sr=8-1

Small yellow spots on the leaves a sign of nutritional deficiency
Small yellow spots on the leaves a sign of nutritional deficiency 2
Small yellow spots on the leaves a sign of nutritional deficiency 3
Small yellow spots on the leaves a sign of nutritional deficiency 4
Last edited:
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

We need more info buddy.

i cant remember who, but a member here posted this, and i found it useful to use to get the info folks here like

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

2. How old are your plants?

3. How tall are your plants?

4. What size containers are they planted in?

5. What is your soil mix?

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

16. How much experience do you have growing?

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

We need more info buddy.

i cant remember who, but a member here posted this, and i found it useful to use to get the info folks here like

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

2. How old are your plants?

3. How tall are your plants?

4. What size containers are they planted in?

5. What is your soil mix?

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

11. How close are your lights to the plants?

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

14. What is the pH of the soil?

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

16. How much experience do you have growing?
Hi and thanks for replying!
1) I’m growing from seed (Gelato dream by anesia seeds).
2)I planted it on 11 December 2020.
3)I am fluxing so it is not growing in height but in length, I can tell you that between the two ends it is 60cm.
4)I recently changed pot, from one of 14 liters to one of about 22, I wanted a smaller one but due to the flu I had to use what I had. I used such a large one because I would like to harvest a lot and have the weed for all summer, but I'm realizing she wants a lot of water and fertilizer now.
5)Plagron Growmix and i like to add a little more perlite than it already has.
6)I usually water as soon as the leaves no longer point upwards or when I notice that the soil is dry, on average once a week. I use tap water. (I leave the water in a bucket for 2 days to evaporate the chlorine before using it).
7)The pH is approximately between 6 and 6.4, never more or less (I use litmus paper).
8)I'm using madame grow growth accelerator (3-1-1), I also add deeper underground by top crop which are basically humic and fulvic acids with micronutrients and 1.1% nitrogen, sensizym by advanced nutrients. (1.5 liters water 900ppm).
9)I just spray neem oil with potassium soap to avoid infestation.
10)I have 500 watt led lights (6500k), actually now the days are starting to get warmer and longer, so I move the plants outdoor in the brightest hours.
11)60 cm.
12)I grow in a 100x100x180 cm grow box.
13)Temperature during the day 21/25 °C , at night 18/20 °C, humidity 50/60%.
14)I don't have any tools to measure the pH of the soil, but I'm pretty sure it's in a range between 6 and 6.5.
15)I have no infestation problems, I have always used neem oil, there are gnats but never on the leaves, rather on the soil, I am sure they are not insects that cause damage to cannabis, also because they do not seem interested in my plants at all.
16)Not so much, I started in September 2020, this is my second plant.
I'm a bit stoned and my english sucks so i hope i answered everything correctly hahahahaha

Fot1
Fot3
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Check the bottom of the spotted leaves for bugs just to be safe. It looks hungry for nitrogen.
Thanks for your help!
I'm always checking for bugs and im sure there is no...
I think you are right about nitrogen, I have recently changed pot and I think I have not given it enough water and fertilizer, i'll water it later and i'll increase the dosages.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Interesting, that is now a 3 1/2 month old plant still vegging?

What are the benefits to training this way?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Main lining
That is a grow style that makes little to no sense to me. 3 1/2" months of veg is too costly for the added benefits IMO.
Agreed. I can grow 4 pounds in a 4x8 in 3.5 months, I don't get it.

And in this case Veg is not over, so it's gonna be what 5 or 6 months total?

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Interesting, that is now a 3 1/2 month old plant still vegging?

What are the benefits to training this way?
Over a month after planting this I decided to put another one as I will not be able to grow for a few months, so I put this a little further away from the light source, letting the smaller one grow, when the smaller one is ready I will put both in bloom, however I don't mind growing it a little more in vegetative as I would like it to produce a lot of buds.
It is a technique called fluxing made by a grower called light addict, basically every branch should be a cola.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Over a month after planting this I decided to put another one as I will not be able to grow for a few months, so I put this a little further away from the light source, letting the smaller one grow, when the smaller one is ready I will put both in bloom, however I don't mind growing it a little more in vegetative as I would like it to produce a lot of buds.
It is a technique called fluxing made by a grower called light addict, basically every branch should be a cola.
Well it's interesting to see what other farmers are doing, but I have to say there seem to be a ton of more effective ways to do this IMO. But who knows, maybe the quality is spectacular and worth it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
3)I am fluxing so it is not growing in height but in length, I can tell you that between the two ends it is 60cm.
4)I recently changed pot, from one of 14 liters to one of about 22, I wanted a smaller one but due to the flu I had to use what I had. I used such a large one because I would like to harvest a lot and have the weed for all summer, but I'm realizing she wants a lot of water and fertilizer now.
6)I usually water as soon as the leaves no longer point upwards or when I notice that the soil is dry, on average once a week. I use tap water. (I leave the water in a bucket for 2 days to evaporate the chlorine before using it).
7)The pH is approximately between 6 and 6.4, never more or less (I use litmus paper).
8)I'm using madame grow growth accelerator (3-1-1), I also add deeper underground by top crop which are basically humic and fulvic acids with micronutrients and 1.1% nitrogen, sensizym by advanced nutrients. (1.5 liters water 900ppm).
10)I have 500 watt led lights (6500k), actually now the days are starting to get warmer and longer, so I move the plants outdoor in the brightest hours.
11)60 cm.
14)I don't have any tools to measure the pH of the soil, but I'm pretty sure it's in a range between 6 and 6.5.
15)I have no infestation problems, I have always used neem oil, there are gnats but never on the leaves, rather on the soil, I am sure they are not insects that cause damage to cannabis, also because they do not seem interested in my plants at all.
I'm a bit stoned and my english sucks so i hope i answered everything correctly hahahahaha
yes gnats are a problem. it’s their larvee that eat at the roots, probably why she’s growing slow..
you don’t need to add more nitrogen.

Anthem

Anthem

Fungal gnats are really simple to kill. Just get some pond scum with BTI. Get the pond scum and not the dunks

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

11)60 cm.
The gnats larvae eat your roots, gnatrol will get rid of them if you top dress a good layer.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

What’s BTI?
bacillus thuringiensis israelensis BTI
The same bacteria that's in gnatrol. They discovered it growing in old whiskey barrels on some island and have been using it to kill gnat larvae since.
How they grow it or found out it kills gnat larvae I have no idea.

Top Bottom