Smaller pot Nectar for the Gods?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all ~

I miss my old Nectar full line results. My mentor is a true master but his technique is massive 15g tubs with chunky perlite and fresh #4 soil. Very labor, cost, space intensive.

Can N4tG be run in smaller pots than that effectively? Planning for the next indoor run and looking for options... appreciate all feedback.

Galvatron

Galvatron

Yes, you can run NFTG in smaller pots. The important thing to remember is to pH your feed and soil slurry testing. Make sure you have a good pH and ppm meter. If you need to brush up on technique, watch the OGCfam Show on YouTube. This picture is "Ice Breaker" at 9 weeks flowering in 7 gallon fabric pots using the Roman Regimen.

NFTG 9 Weeks
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Yes, you can run NFTG in smaller pots. The important thing to remember is to pH your feed and soil slurry testing. Make sure you have a good pH and ppm meter. If you need to brush up on technique, watch the OGCfam Show on YouTube. This picture is "Ice Breaker" at 9 weeks flowering in 7 gallon fabric pots using the Roman Regimen.
Appreciate the feedback. My mentor taught me 15g tubs with chunky perlite about 30%. We pH'ed the feed water, of course, but nothing more. That was soil not coco. Also that pH was spot on when fed then the girls got 3 days to dry out.

You're saying slurry with coco, soil or both? Veg through chop? I've learned to baby my pH meters now they last and don't need calibration. pH is critical.

I've never pH'ed slurry before, but I get the idea. Just trying to understand the when/where/how long of it in smaller pot N4tG. Our 15g tubs created monsters, but that much soil is enormously wasteful, expensive, and very hard work. He never reuses any. I would rather have a TLO soil kept alive and rotate rounds of soil into a trough to reuse.

Galvatron

Galvatron

I recommend that you download the "Unofficial NFTG Growers Bible. " It's too big to add here but you can find it in the files section on the Facebook Group called Nectar for the Gods Growers. (I normally don't participate with FB but I created a profile there just to join the group.) It's a big thing to study but most questions can be answered using it.
As you know, this line drives nutes with calcium. Add your ingredients to neutral water one at a time. The last ingredient added is Herculean Harvest, (liquid bone meal) and it will lower the pH. Adjust the pH to 6.3 -6.8 using Olympus Up. (Shoot for 6.5 if everything looks good. You adjust up or down a little to keep the slurry pH at 6.5)
The slurry test can be for soil or coco and will be used to determine any issues you may encounter and how to address them. Just keep an eye on your plants and perform the slurry test at the first sign of problems (or whenever you feel like.) For this line, they like a 1:1 slurry. I like to dig a small hole with my index finger half way between the rim of the container and the stem. (Don't worry, it won't hurt the roots.) Fill a shot glass with soil from 1 to 2 inches down. Fill it full, packed about the same as in your container then pore it into a small cup. Now fill the shot glass with distilled or RO water and add it to the cup and stir. let it sit for 10 minutes and strain the liquid into another cup. Now you will record the pH and PPM (EC X 700 scale) of this liquid. It's a good idea to slurry test your soil before planting so you have a starting reference. Your slurry should be 6.5ph and 300 - 500 ppm. Also, this line works well in living soil. Look at compost tea and microbe products. Finally, you can reuse the soil by amending it with "One Shot."

Diane11

Diane11

I recommend that you download the "Unofficial NFTG Growers Bible. " It's too big to add here but you can find it in the files section on the Facebook Group called Nectar for the Gods Growers. (I normally don't participate with FB but I created a profile there just to join the group.) It's a big thing to study but most questions can be answered using it.
As you know, this line drives nutes with calcium. Add your ingredients to neutral water one at a time. The last ingredient added is Herculean Harvest, (liquid bone meal) and it will lower the pH. Adjust the pH to 6.3 -6.8 using Olympus Up. (Shoot for 6.5 if everything looks good. You adjust up or down a little to keep the slurry pH at 6.5)
The slurry test can be for soil or coco and will be used to determine any issues you may encounter and how to address them. Just keep an eye on your plants and perform the slurry test at the first sign of problems (or whenever you feel like.) For this line, they like a 1:1 slurry. I like to dig a small hole with my index finger half way between the rim of the container and the stem. (Don't worry, it won't hurt the roots.) Fill a shot glass with soil from 1 to 2 inches down. Fill it full, packed about the same as in your container then pore it into a small cup. Now fill the shot glass with distilled or RO water and add it to the cup and stir. let it sit for 10 minutes and strain the liquid into another cup. Now you will record the pH and PPM (EC X 700 scale) of this liquid. It's a good idea to slurry test your soil before planting so you have a starting reference. Your slurry should be 6.5ph and 300 - 500 ppm. Also, this line works well in living soil. Look at compost tea and microbe products. Finally, you can reuse the soil by amending it with "One Shot."
Awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing this information! I just started using this line as well and am very grateful for the slurry info, appreciate it!!

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

spectacular results BTW my friend

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing this information! I just started using this line as well and am very grateful for the slurry info, appreciate it!!
I wrote an essay basically about how full line N4tG > literally everything by everyone I've ever seen anywhere and I've seen the best of the best in the world meccas of flower for decades.

Full line 15 part N4tG produces phenotype expression, unique terpene profiles and volumes, and frost THC like literally nothing else, with only absolute masters approaching it with other lines. Its the best there is.
@Avrilb

Diane11

Diane11

I wrote an essay basically about how full line N4tG > literally everything by everyone I've ever seen anywhere and I've seen the best of the best in the world meccas of flower for decades.

Full line 15 part N4tG produces phenotype expression, unique terpene profiles and volumes, and frost THC like literally nothing else, with only absolute masters approaching it with other lines. Its the best there is.
@Avrilb
I am VERY HAPPY with the results I got using NOTG

@Avrilb
oops! Lol, but yeah super happy with NFTG results on my last soil grow.. I’m working now on starting up a new hydro run tho and I’m wondering if the nutes are too thick for hydro?? In soil, I always mix again (well several times) just before I pour it in the pot just to make sure I’m not pouring it the way it gets right away after the initial mix, what do you think? NFTG ok for hydro?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

@Avrilb

I like their nute line but seriously? The same results can be achieved with much simplier regimines. Most of their nutrient line isn’t even needed and the grow bible says just that. Outside the basic four bottles the rest is for special circumstances. Even the owner himself says exactly this.

It’s a great nute line don’t get me wrong but similar results can be achieved using other nute lines.

OngSkap

OngSkap

@Avrilb
There are plenty of lines that will produce the same or better results. Even raw salts can produce a great product, you just have to know how the science of organic inputs or synthetics work. Plus, Nectar is pretty expensive

Latest posts

Top Bottom