Smart dehumidifier or one touch operation?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey farmer fam I’m newer to indoor growing and I’m currently building out a 2 by 8 closet grow. I will be eventually getting a dehumidifier but I was wondering if I should use one with I can set the relative humidity or just get a cheaper 1 touch operation unit. The space I’m using is small so that’s why I’m wondering which one would work best or if I will be alright just getting one that turns on and dehumidifies over one I can set the RH. Also any suggestions on models would be much appreciated. My space is 2 by 8 by 8. I have 4 in ac infinity and a passive intake which pulls air from my bedroom.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
with dehumidifiers it is important to get one that is at least 22 pint. the instant on or whatever is not so important to me, i use a control system that makes it all work together.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
with dehumidifiers it is important to get one that is at least 22 pint. the instant on or whatever is not so important to me, i use a control system that makes it all work together.
So you have one with a built in RH meter that you can adjust? I just wasn’t sure if it would be worth it for the size grow I have going. I also wanna make sure I can keep my RH in optimal ranges down the road when I’m in flower.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
most people use something like the inkbird controller. you plug your humidifier and dehumidifier in and it controls your fan. or others that you plug in your heating/cooling and humidity device and fan. but no, i just use some coding and make them all turn on and off with google and a hand full of smart plugs and temp/rh sensors

so basically get a smart thermometer/hygrometer, and a smart plug and use google to tell it to go on/off when whatever setting you want happens. but, like i said, most use an inkbird controller or one like that.

so the only important thing for me is; can it suck the moisture out of the area, and i have found that the ones 22 pint and up can, the other little ones cannot. that is just my experience.

oh! and another nice feature on some is the drain hose. you have to empty the tank, but the ones with a hose can be drained to a drain or outside or in a bucket, but it makes it where you can be gone from it a bit more.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
most people use something like the inkbird controller. you plug your humidifier and dehumidifier in and it controls your fan. or others that you plug in your heating/cooling and humidity device and fan. but no, i just use some coding and make them all turn on and off with google and a hand full of smart plugs and temp/rh sensors

so basically get a smart thermometer/hygrometer, and a smart plug and use google to tell it to go on/off when whatever setting you want happens. but, like i said, most use an inkbird controller or one like that.

so the only important thing for me is; can it suck the moisture out of the area, and i have found that the ones 22 pint and up can, the other little ones cannot. that is just my experience.

oh! and another nice feature on some is the drain hose. you have to empty the tank, but the ones with a hose can be drained to a drain or outside or in a bucket, but it makes it where you can be gone from it a bit more.
Thanx for the input!! This is perfect for what I want to accomplish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom