Smart Pots Or Air Pots

• Thread starter Noname14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noname14

Hi guys am asking your advice i dobt know witch to chose air or smart can you tell witch one is best ?

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I use smart pots and really like them. I've never tried air pots though. The cost of air pots alone makes me want to try them even less.

F

FutureGrower

Depends what your filling them with. I like smart pots when using a Pete based mix.
Why?

I run an organic peat mix and ive always been under the assumption air pota are a marketing scheme but have no real basis for that thought lol

4plant

4plant

I've seen air pots filled with hydroton and left on a constant reculating drip feed. It worked great but lots of work. Smart pots slowly drain and prune evenly, whereas air pots can allow you to feed like your in a Rockwool slab but still move plants around.

H

hawkman

air pots (Air pots.com) way better and reusable and do help with root bound plants but expensive !
smart pots - cheaper, can use over (not many do) ( have used them , like air pots better

F

FutureGrower

Sounds more like organic guys want to stick to fabric pots my feeding schedule is nothing more then kelp and alot basically lol

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

There is a loss of soil in air pots. Itā€™s not a huge amount of loss, even over time, but you can see it in he runoff. Otherwise they are great pots. But so are smart pots.

H

healingBudha

As Air Pots dry out quicker than regular cannabis growing containers, and even faster than Smart Pots or Spring Pots,

S

stemznseedz

When researching this a few years ago I found that the guy who designed airports also created the smartpot. The airpot is the version he created after the smartpot to address some of the issues with the smart pot (drainage, bottoms always stay wet etc). I'd go with airpots it was my intent at first but they were not stocked locally and are pretty expensive so i opted for some reg pots when building my new room but this is a future upgrade for sure.

H

hawkman

Thank you guys for advice !!!!! I will chose air pots :D
you will need to add some soil thru grow because they seem to "eat" it which us good (for air-pots get the "Blue" base one : it is a 5- 7 gallon

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I love APs. I have 3 sizes. The small ones are great for starting. Once the plant outgrows it you can either drop the entire AP into a larger AP, or, carefully open it up and put the contents into larger pot then side fill

I have used them with coco, and even better, for top drip system in a tray

H

hawkman

Great plant DJ shorts - F'3 going to be in my stock - look like I'll do a sativa grow (here we go longer flower times !!!!! but worth it

Latest posts

Top Bottom