• Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

russiangrows

Hi, I got some stuff from a friend.
3x3 grow tent
2x 400w grow light with outlets for air-cooling,
2x dimmable ballasts 250-400w
2x water farm buckets by GH(they top feed/drip)
6" Inline fan
bunch of smart pots
small humidifier

I started with a little bit of FloraGro, FloraBloom, FloraMicro Set, 1oz Floralicious Plus (Pints), cal-mag(2-0-0), and hydroguard + RO water

I wanted to use waterfarm and clones, because I wanted a quick harvest in 2-3 months, with alright yield.

So I had two attempts to grow clones from local dispensary. All different strains: first one was Durban Poison, which did't feel good and I decided to dispose her and get two new ones. I got new ones about 4 days ago: Motor Breath and Wedding Crushers. So I was growing new clones for about 4-5 days. I made terrible mistake don't know why even... I cleaned rapid rooters off carefully until there was no soil just roots. I thought it will be better for PH and roots. First I had clones in improvised small bucket for a couple of days where their roots where basically in the water with a little nutes and a little pump from waterfarm making air bubbles on the bottom. The lamp was on 250w for first 3 days. First I had it for 24h, then 18h. Temp was around 74-81 and humidity 70-90, tried to keep it up. There was a bit of space for air between water and stems. However, plant wasn't growing much of anything and leaves started dropping. I was hoping roots would get long enough for waterfarm, but their kinda got brown(either from nutes or rot, thou they didn't smell bad) and stayed the same length in general. So hoping to save the plants without understanding what's wrong I put them in waterfarm, put water level high, light on 400w, and fan on always on when the light is on. Water started evoporating from the top clay pebbles so I covered buckets with plastic bag to hide from light. So it's been another couple days after transplanting. I try to keep temp around 75, and humidity around 50-60. I got some white powder on leaves, not sure if it's mold or stuff from water evaporated by humidifier. We got high ppm tap water, around 300, so mb thats the white powdery stuff... I try to keep water around 5.7-5.8 PH, 400 ppm. However, it's really hard, since after adding nutes to clean water, next day ph in already around 7. I would give some lemon juice with water to drop the PH to 5.8, but next day it will be high again. So those clone feel really bad and probably going to die... What I learnt for sure for my 3rd attempt is TO KEEP RAPID ROOTERS on clones...
P.S. those white large dots on leaves, I'm sure, are parts of milk, I was fighting the possible mold...

My questions are: what should I do next?
0. Should I get new clones or it's a waste of time?
1. Should I use smart pots instead of waterfarm?
2. Is there anything else I'm doing wrong?
3. Any advice?
4. Should I sell equipment cause I suck at growing(It really shouldn't be that hard right?)

Smart pots or waterfarm
Smart pots or waterfarm 2
Smart pots or waterfarm 3
Smart pots or waterfarm 4
Smart pots or waterfarm 5
Smart pots or waterfarm 6
Last edited:
tall boys

tall boys

I don't grow in water, but my oldest son does .
If your going to use a storage container, you'll need 4 plants in it .
If you only put 1 plant in, use 5 gallon buckets ....

Latest posts

Top Bottom