Smell (or lack of) good or bad?

• Thread starter KDB42
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KDB42

KDB42

Im on my first grow with just one plant in week 3 flower. I was concerned a little about temp being too high and opened the air vent in my grow room to let some cool ac air in last night. Today (now) just before lights off I came to check on her and noticed I didn't smell any good skunky smell like I usually do when walking in the room. In fact there was absolutely no smell at all. I was reading on some website that when you smell that good potent smell its actually not that good because it means theres too much heat and the trichomes are getting damaged. My question is is that true? Is lack of smell a good thing meaning the temp is right and trichomes arn't being ruined and letting off smell. Or am I just being an over reacting new parent. I hope this all made sense.

BigCube

BigCube

No, lack of smell isnt a good thing. While it's TRUE that some of the terpenes will volatize off at higher temperatures, your plant would be showing signs of heat stress if that was the case.

Smelling the plant is normal. As it is with any other plant. You dont smell flowers in a field because they are too hot and burning off the terpenes. It's actually the humidity shed off the plant that will carry with it the smell of the plant.

No smell could mean that your plant isnt producing ample resin and terpenes, or it would be that your humidity is such that the plant doesnt shed much of it's own moisture. Or it could be your ventilation is good, and is removing the smell before it can build up.

Just give your flowers a rub and sniff. I'm sure they still smell good.

KDB42

KDB42

No, lack of smell isnt a good thing. While it's TRUE that some of the terpenes will volatize off at higher temperatures, your plant would be showing signs of heat stress if that was the case.

Smelling the plant is normal. As it is with any other plant. You dont smell flowers in a field because they are too hot and burning off the terpenes. It's actually the humidity shed off the plant that will carry with it the smell of the plant.

No smell could mean that your plant isnt producing ample resin and terpenes, or it would be that your humidity is such that the plant doesnt shed much of it's own moisture. Or it could be your ventilation is good, and is removing the smell before it can build up.

Just give your flowers a rub and sniff. I'm sure they still smell good.
Thank you! That helped me alot!

Top Bottom