smell proof greenhouse

• Thread starter Dannydiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

I can't think of any reason why enough filters won't do the trick. Just make sure the greenhouse is slightly lower than the top of the dirt. Maybe 3-4 inches. And have strong enough exhaust fans to make a vacuum so the only air getting OUT is filtered air.

Off the main subject tho The concrete in my opinion isn't a good idea. It sounds like a solid idea but it could be a waste of money. If it's dry out there then compact the dirt footing instead. Bugs will burrow and hide all over the concrete. It'll take forever to dry down in a hole. And it's going to be impossible to keep the dirt out of the wet concrete when you're pouring it and skreeding it flat, could cause it to crack.
Ah not sure what area you live in but last time I checked 3000 PSI concrete with like #4 rebar @ 5" thick is about as bug proof as you can get, If it was not you would see most commercial growers having more bug problems since the floors are away concrete. In this application you would create a form inside of the walls and pour in place let cure and remove forms. The dirt will not get into the concrete, have you ever seen concrete being poured? I have and how many times do you think it does directly against dirt.

Anthem

Anthem

I of course would do all this work. It only rains maybe 30 days a year here. And maybe 15 minutes at a time. Pouring a small slab and adding a sump isn't a 10k job. More like $700 at the most. Everything including fans and ozone is less than $1750. And how is my loss not recuperated after the first half of the first harvest? Do you think this setup would eliminate 90% or more of odor?
Danny Danny you most live is some area with really cheap labor. Contractors in my neck of the woods usually do work for a profit not a lose.

NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Hello, I have been searching for answers and I have found few. I am looking to start an outdoor crop with 2-4 medium to large plants. Biggest and only problem is I am 15m away from 4 different neighbors (track homes) but backyards do have a 6ft brick privacy wall. I am in a legal state but I dont want to bother my neighbors and rippers of course. I have a brand new 6x8x6ft greenhouse. My plan is to dig the greenhouse down 18-24" with a concrete slab so that it only sits about 4ft tall. I plan on adding a 6-8inch ultra silent carbon scrubber and inline fan with muffler and silencers and all that, with a small ozone generator running in the exhaust duct. I was going to seal the roof panels to ensure all air being extracted was odiferous air from plants as well as ensure a proper negative pressure, it would only be used for 1 photo run and 1 auto run a year. I would use fruity/low odor strains, our humidity is almost nothing so mold and rot would not likely be issues i hope. I am trying to find possible issues. Could this setup keep 2-3 low odor monsters a secret? Any tips or suggestions is so appreciated. Thank you!
I've been struggling with similar circumstances. I'm in a legal state but city ordinance requires they be grown indoors. I have them in pots thinking I'll haul them inside when the time comes that I must do something. Right now they're super happy outside, and bringing them in means either the dusty, dirty, spider-webbed garage, or to an upstairs spare room. I'm not looking forward to either one, but our lot size will require we do something before they go into bloom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom