Smells? Do carbon filters work?

• Thread starter aidanbannon2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aidanbannon2

aidanbannon2

Hi,
Planning on starting to grow at christmas, I can’t have any smell in my house so I was just wondering how bad the smell is with a carbon filter and fully sealed grow tent. If it’s going to smell I’m most likely going to have to grow in my cold room and use a heater etc which is going to be a pain

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your gonna smell it no matter what. When you open the tent, when the humidity gets high and the filter doesn't work as well.

Add to that for a sealed tent you would need co2, dehuey, humidifier, Ac and heater

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You can use insulation board to insulate the cold room and do the same with equipment or add intake and exhaust to the room. My basement stays about 65f and I built a room from insulation board. Works well for me.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

You can use insulation board to insulate the cold room and do the same with equipment or add intake and exhaust to the room. My basement stays about 65f and I built a room from insulation board. Works well for me.

Planning on doing this for a lung room kind of situation as I approach flower on my next crop. Gotta find a way to condition the air outside the grow space, last time was a mess. Need to figure out how to make it modular enough to be worth tearing down when I move or it wont be worth putting up in the first place.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hi,
Planning on starting to grow at christmas, I can’t have any smell in my house so I was just wondering how bad the smell is with a carbon filter and fully sealed grow tent. If it’s going to smell I’m most likely going to have to grow in my cold room and use a heater etc which is going to be a pain

Oh also they work ok specifically for the air being exhausted by that fan. Any other leekage gone be dank (opening tent, exhausting around vent holes etc)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Planning on doing this for a lung room kind of situation as I approach flower on my next crop. Gotta find a way to condition the air outside the grow space, last time was a mess. Need to figure out how to make it modular enough to be worth tearing down when I move or it wont be worth putting up in the first place.
1x2 frame and insulation board. Make 5 panels. 4 walls and a roof. Couple screws to hold together. Tape the seams inside and just cut seams and remove the couple screws to take apart and stack somewhere when not needed.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

1x2 frame and insulation board. Make 5 panels. 4 walls and a roof. Couple screws to hold together. Tape the seams inside and just cut seams and remove the couple screws to take apart and stack somewhere when not needed.
Think it needs to be roughly an even volume of airspace as compared to grow airspace or can you get away with a lung 'box' that's a bit smaller?

Bigk

Bigk

Think it needs to be roughly an even volume of airspace as compared to grow airspace or can you get away with a lung 'box' that's a bit smaller?
there are some calculators online to help you calculate the size you need for airflow etc

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can be smaller if you can condition the air fast enough. Depends on how much you need to change the conditions. Here so.e pics of a little 4x4 grow space with a 2x4 lung room per se. They are attached but same idea. The total dimensions were 4x6 and it was built from 1x2s and durafoam

IMG 20190520 170448
IMG 20190722 203605
Bigk

Bigk

Can be smaller if you can condition the air fast enough. Depends on how much you need to change the conditions. Here so.e pics of a little 4x4 grow space with a 2x4 lung room per se. They are attached but same idea. The total dimensions were 4x6 and it was built from 1x2s and durafoam
That your room ?
Looks fucking nice man

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Thanks dude this is perfect - you're smellin what I'm sellin.

Apologies to OP for thread hijack

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

And autofeed and drain just done.as seen in the first pic

I'm considering taking my decent CA engineering salary and moving my ass out somewhere rural where I can get a few acres and just build exactly what I want for a grow space. This looks like it was fun to set up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm considering taking my decent CA engineering salary and moving my ass out somewhere rural where I can get a few acres and just build exactly what I want for a grow space. This looks like it was fun to set up.
I miss that grow box... but I'm happy with the room now. I ran RDWC in it.

aidanbannon2

aidanbannon2

My cold room is going to get very cold in the winter probably in the negatives, do you think creating a in box with foam board insulator around my grow tent would work and I would use hid lights for the extra heat and wouldn’t have to use a small space heater or do you think I will still need a small space heater

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My cold room is going to get very cold in the winter probably in the negatives, do you think creating a in box with foam board insulator around my grow tent would work and I would use hid lights for the extra heat and wouldn’t have to use a small space heater or do you think I will still need a small space heater
Absolutely. Try to get the intake from a warmer place if ya can. If not just a heater and controller you can set day night temps. That insulation board if done well and sealed is amazing at holding temps.

I would have to see the space but you could easily line existing walls with it and just 2x2 or 2x4 frame the rest. The add a door. The stuff is super cheap, reflective already and easy to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom