Smells? Do carbon filters work?

• Thread starter aidanbannon2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You will want to insulate the floor with some foam matting or something. I used gym mats @BurnzYzBudZz used interlocking foam squares maybe he can link ya them. But no question a heater and temo controller will do it.

I bet HID in a room like that will create more than enough heat. Even LED likely would. The heat will be for night time when the lights go out.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

@Aqua Man has some good ideas here but do you know what zone you’re in in Ontario?

I ask cause if you try to seal that cold room inproperly you could be inviting damage to your home (mold and moisture) not just your grow. You’ve got that cellar vent and if you aren’t careful it will be a cold damp jet into your home.

Is there a steel insulated door leading to your cold room? How well is this cold room sealed off from the rest of your house?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man has some good ideas here but do you know what zone you’re in in Ontario?

I ask cause if you try to seal that cold room inproperly you could be inviting damage to your home (mold and moisture) not just your grow. You’ve got that cellar vent and if you aren’t careful it will be a cold damp jet into your home.

Is there a steel insulated door leading to your cold room? How well is this cold room sealed off from the rest of your house?
Yup if concrete i would acid etch and seal that shit. Then put the foam up. Seal the seams and take a serious look at intake and exhaust options. Mine is a completely sealed room no air exchange. Cost a bit more in equipment but also has the benefits of complete environmental control and co2.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

If you’re near my area I’ll come and spend some time to help you fix up that room proper....

For some of the harvest 🤣🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you’re near my area I’ll come and spend some time to help you fix up that room proper....

For some of the harvest 🤣🤣
Haha I do that for some friends. Set em up and they give me half. I also closed the vents off to that room and insulated over them for that exact reason.

aidanbannon2

aidanbannon2

Hey, yeah you saw the pictures I’m not going to closing that exhaust hole. I am still leaving the cold room open to the outdoors but I was going to create a insulated box around my 4x2 grow tent so the box would just be around that and then the room would still be very cold. And yes the room is fully sealed off from my home with a steel door, same kind of door you would use for the garage entrance to your house. So if I used a small space heater in that room when it has that open exhaust it could create mould?

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Hey, yeah you saw the pictures I’m not going to closing that exhaust hole. I am still leaving the cold room open to the outdoors but I was going to create a insulated box around my 4x2 grow tent so the box would just be around that and then the room would still be very cold. And yes the room is fully sealed off from my home with a steel door, same kind of door you would use for the garage entrance to your house. So if I used a small space heater in that room when it has that open exhaust it could create mould?

If you frame out an insulated box within that room you should be fine just keep an eye on humidity this winter.

I think a light could heat the small area by Itself.
Where are you going to draw the air going into the grow area from? From within cold room? Ideally if you could pull the air from inside your home I think you’d be laughing.

aidanbannon2

aidanbannon2

If you frame out an insulated box within that room you should be fine just keep an eye on humidity this winter.

I think a light could heat the small area by Itself.
Where are you going to draw the air going into the grow area from? From within cold room? Ideally if you could pull the air from inside your home I think you’d be laughing.
Ok yeah this seems like it’s going to be a bit of a hassle to grow in that room so I will most likely end up growing in a air conditioned room in my house. So I will have a duct fan and carbon filter etc. Will I need to have one of the side vents open on the tent to allow air to enter or can I just have all my vents closed and just have the duct fan running

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Ok yeah this seems like it’s going to be a bit of a hassle to grow in that room so I will most likely end up growing in a air conditioned room in my house. So I will have a duct fan and carbon filter etc. Will I need to have one of the side vents open on the tent to allow air to enter or can I just have all my vents closed and just have the duct fan running

The tent won’t be air tight so it will get in all over if you’re venting out through the carbon filter so you won’t need one wide open. Somebody might have better advice than that though.
I wanted my tent to pull air from certain area in the condo so I ducted an intake from there and have panty hose on the end of that to filter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom