Snaking Plant Stem, Cause for Concern?

• Thread starter 420Greenthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

1st time growers here! Just wondering if we should be concerned about our stem snaking a bit. It’s about 4 weeks old and we really don’t know what to expect at this point! Still not sure if it’s male or female but hoping to know in a couple of weeks! Any tips are appreciated!

Snaking plant stem cause for concern
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Welcome to the Farm. That is perfectly normal for a new plant stretching. The stem is not 100% yet and its own weight can flip it over. That why we put fans on them indoors, to build their strength.

420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

Your looking good, it may be reaching to the sun, you should move it to better light if you want to stop that....
Thanks! We’re growing it indoors actually just took it out to take a pic. Waiting on the grow room so we can really control the light and temp. We did start it outdoors and noticed it would reach so we would just rotate the pot. This looked a little different so we weren’t sure if that was it. Thanks for the help!

420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

Welcome to the Farm. That is perfectly normal for a new plant stretching. The stem is not 100% yet and its own weight can flip it over. That why we put fans on them indoors, to build their strength.
Glad to be here! That’s good to hear! Hadn’t heard about using a fan to strengthen the stem! I’ve done a lot of reading but definitely not enough. We’re waiting to see how this plant does before we try with some other strains! Thanks for the help!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Glad to be here! That’s good to hear! Hadn’t heard about using a fan to strengthen the stem! I’ve done a lot of reading but definitely not enough. We’re waiting to see how this plant does before we try with some other strains! Thanks for the help!
Taking it in out probably won't hurt it, but it may become confused about which light source is what.
I've heard of others taking them in and outside, but I've also heard the other side.
Personally, I like to keep them inside to avoid any sort of cross contamination. We have zillions of bugs and stuff here to defend against. It's just easier if they never make it inside, and lets not even get into stray pollen from hemp fields...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Taking it in out probably won't hurt it, but it may become confused about which light source is what.
I've heard of others taking them in and outside, but I've also heard the other side.
Personally, I like to keep them inside to avoid any sort of cross contamination. We have zillions of bugs and stuff here to defend against. It's just easier if they never make it inside, and lets not even get into stray pollen from hemp fields...
agree, kinda a rule indoors stays indoors, outdoors stays outdoor!
your baby is looking perfect, the cotyledon leaves say it all!
i can tell you have been watering/caring for it perfectly..
just stop outdoor to indoor..

420Greenthumbs

420Greenthumbs

Personally, I like to keep them inside to avoid any sort of cross contamination. We have zillions of bugs and stuff here to defend against. It's just easier if they never make it inside, and lets not even get into stray pollen

Top Bottom