Snow Removal Etiquette

• Thread starter iscrog4food
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I have lived in Colorado for a few years in a duplex with a shared driveway. My previous neighbors were awesome and always took the snow from their driveway and either shoveled it into their yard or the street. I recently got new neighbors and this morning when I went out to shovel my snow I noticed they piled up snow in between the driveways which basically means they piled snow up near my drivers side door. For obvious reasons I dont want to cause problems but am I right for being a little pissed? I am really not sure about the rules for this kind of thing because before I moved here I lived in a tropical climate so no snow. What say you farmers? Should I be pissed and If it continues should I say something to them.

Side note: I have yet to have a conversation with them since they moved in a week or so ago, they wont even make eye contact or wave when we pass each other in the driveway. Yesterday My gf was out back and saw them smoking a cig and said hi but they completely ignored her and didn't even acknowledge her(Maby they didn't hear I wasn't there.) Additionally I found a cigarette but on my front porch today and I am sure it was flicked there last night as it was in the snow near the top but I don't smoke and neither does my g/f. I am not sure that it was their cig but it is quite a coincidence that they show up and then I find one which has never happened. I know everything in the "side note" area is circumstantial but I just thought I would give a bit of background.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

yea thas some bullshit. new neighbours is a BITCH!, I'd say let it slide for the time being. keep tryin to make contact and be friendly. If you've exhausted those avenues and they still being douchey then i'd have a friendly conversation about any issues, ie the snow, flicking of cigarette butts.

don't wana cause no waves when we do what we do but at the same time everyone has prinicples..

Mogrow

Mogrow

go introduce yourself, let him get to know you.. that's how i roll, then if you have a difference you can talk it out... screw a bunch of tension with the neighbors.....

Papa

Papa

Supporter
go introduce yourself, let him get to know you.. that's how i roll, then if you have a difference you can talk it out... screw a bunch of tension with the neighbors.....

+1

green punk

green punk

Introduce yourself. Politely address the issues. Don't fall into a "Stanley" in the movie "Friday" rut.

putembk

putembk

I would also contact the home owners association (if you have one) and address the problem with them. Therefore if the problem does escalate you will have it on record.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Neighbor disputes suck
When I lived in Denver I went to jail for felony assalt on a senior citizen, my neighbor.
My neighbor was insane. He would collect all the junk he could find. He would even collect busted up concrete which he had piled up on his side of fence a cyclone wire fence.
The inside of his house was so cluttered you could barely walk through. The plumbing did not work so he was shitting in 5 gallon buckets and storing in backyard lids on.
He told me I was the devil and he was Jesus. One morning I was hungover and mowing my lawn. I kicked the rocks from under the fence into his drive way to weed eat.I then proceeded to mow my other neighbors lawn.
He started to hit the concrete chunks with a golf club twords me. One hit my car and the alarm went off. I picked up that rock and threw it at him, e was about 90 feet away, I knew right away i was introuble, it hit him dead square in forehead and down he went, blood everywhere. Next thing I knew theres the fire dept. ambulance and 5 cop cars. He was babbling away forien languges speaking in tounges i reckon.
I was charged with felony assult to the eldery, bail, $10,000.00. His story was I hit him from 2 feet away.
My senior citizen neighbor and friend bailed me out.
I went to court. He showed up but left the court room before our case could be heard. He returned just before they were going to dismiss and was upset he got a parking ticket before he could put more coin in meter.
He was ranting on about how Iam the devil, and worship evil, he is gods choosen one, the court room really stank like shit.
He was so upset about the parking ticket he shit his pants.The judge saw and smelled all thisso we met in chambers, the DA judge and I and agreed to 1 year probation after which I would be cleared of all charges, they realized whats up this guy, hes totaly nuts..
A few Years later, it took that many years to condem his property, he sold it as isand moved out. The new owner and I cleaned that mess up, it took 5 dumpsters and the entire summer to clean up all the junk he collected over 30 years of living there.
So whatever you do, dont throw no rocks even if they are not nuts....
Now all I got is cows for neighbors, nice cows, they shit a lot too but not in buckets...
CM

S

Seed Buyer

I would just put on my girlfriends bra, panties, lipstick, high heels and start going over ever day to borrow sugar, milk, ext. Maybe invite them over for a swingers session. You may see a "For Rent" sign next door in a hurry!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If they are overting their eyes as well, they probably have someting sketch goin on or mabey just med growers trying to keep a low profile....cig smokers drive me nuts, total disregard for anyone and everything around them when it comes to the smoke or the trash from it..

Be glad you weren't me today, I have been snowed in for two days now, the dogs ran out of food a day ago at which time we proceded to eat every last crumb of food in the house..so today we couldn't take it anymore and i had to go to the store, so i jump in the truck and make it about 100 yards down the drive and then i am buried, not talkin stuck, I mean snow over the hood of the truck and up to the windows, 6' drifts, so I have to dig out and hike back to the house..keep in mind that my driveway is about 1/2 mile long and unpaved....So I still need food, I call a buddy to go to the store grag some grinds for me and the dogs and meet me at my front gate..So I gear up in my pow gear, throw on a backpack and head out down my drive, 1 hour each way thru 3-4 feet of snow, at one point I was in over waste deep snow trudgin along, exhausted..had to hike past my buried truck twice, what a pisser, the return hike was even more fun, i had a backpack full of food and a 20lb bag of dogfood on my shoulder...it was like the Shining I swear at one point. I thought I was just goin to have to sit down and freeze to death, I was drained, i feel like i have been in a car wreck..

So hopefully I can get my truck dug out in a few days or at least before the food runs out again..I just moved in here and ate all the food at the other house before I moved so i wouldn't have to move as much but I gotta get to Sams and stock up this bitch for the snowbound action

Much respect to the pioneer folks and turn of the century hard core settlers, cuz walkin and functioning in harsh conditions, isolated, is no cake walk..

Oh yea, atv's suck in the high pow...

Tex

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Damn Tex that sucks. I do get the feeling they are doing something shady over there because they have been really aloof. Also this moring My garage had water in it that appeared to come from their garage. Luckily It didn't damage anything but honestly they look like meth heads. Maby I am just being judgemental. Oh well Ill let you know how it goes.

P

paulycali

Thats more like lazy ass snow removal if you ask me

All the snow should be put in the yard

What their doing is ridiculous

I would be pissed for sure

Just wait till some of that pile melts a bit and ices over the driveway

Get the salt ready :)

J

JAHGYDI

i would have shoveled snow all day and pilled it against there house.

T

TreFarmer

First and second time do it like you want it, even finishing theirs. Have a introduction and say it is great to meet them finally, hope all is going well for them and if they ever need anything letcha know. Then if it continues, we can say it is malicious and not just being clueless. Then push your snow his direction at 7:01 am and 9:59 pm.. these are local noise ordanance laws..
Probably just some people with some small time illegal grow... that is how I acted at 19 spun out and growin'... oh the good ol days!! LOL glad that shit's over!!

P

paulycali

Just shovel the wall of snow. Could even be a wall of ice now. If they say what are you doing just say this dont fly around these parts and keep shoveling. Tell them please next time all snow in the yard and no more great walls of snow. They must be newbies as well to the snow or just a bunch of lazy dumbasses. Good luck and i hope the wall is gone for good

K

kolah

Get otta da big city. :)

Seriously though...cig butts, throwing snow on your side?...sounds like the people have little respect for others. I'd bet you'll soon find beer bottles, dirty diapers, used tampons, fast food bags, body parts, etc as time goes on. I always try the nice approach first and see how it flies.

Like Chickenman, I moved up to the hills to get away from that shit.

Top Bottom