Snowstorm PPM calulation for DIY

• Thread starter snoopytime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snoopytime

snoopytime

Hey there I know people have been trippin about Humboldt County's Own with the paclo etc etc, I am interested to not spend $89 for a gallon of snowstorm ultra though since there is heavy speculation that its just triacontanol. You can get 10 grams of that for $29 then a bit of polysorbate20 to disolve it in, then the rest is water i would imagine.
Here are my clues so far:

The dose of 2ml per gallon raised my 100 gallon res EXACTLY 20ppm.

The raw product Snowstorm Ultra does have a faint sweet alochol smell.

If anyone already has a formula to make their own or is a chem\math wizard to figure out a close recipe, please chime in.

I know some organicfreak guy was spazzing out about this shit like crazy, I am not trying to start a debate or an PGR bullshit, I just want to pay $50 for 5000 gallons instead of $89 for one gallon that gets moldy lol.

dankworth

dankworth

Dude I am trying to figure out the Banana Manna which I think is triacontanol and maybe a couple other things. So is Snowstorm Ultra just tria ppms? I bet when I get some triacontanol ordered I can figure this out. But it would be cool if some expert just spoonfed us the info.

I have to reverse engineer drip clean, Banana Manna(triacontanol, maybe some salicylic acid, maybe some added flavor) and MOAB(not sure exactly how much tria) and then I will not pay hydro store prices for any additives again.

snoopytime

snoopytime

Hey Dankworth thanks for jumping on the bandwagon. I mean really, theres nothing wrong with paying for some good clean base nutes to rock a boutique style crop even on a larger scale. But when you get to stuff that goes real quick and costs a hundred sheet, thats a bit out of hand.

One more clue, I forgot to add, when I spoke to the guy at the plant hormone supply he said that people run triacontinol at 25ppm or less . .so that is a pretty lucky coiincidence that the reccomended dose of snowstorm raised my nutes 20ppm.

dankworth

dankworth

Hells yeah. I bought 50 lb bags of Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate(epsom salts), and Monopotassium Phosphate. And 3 lbs of a micro mix. For 181.06. I can make pretty much any nute ratio I want now. And I will never have to pay for base nutes again.
And the kelp, humic, earthworm castings, molasses, alfalfa, etc. from the place that has that stuff. Teas rock. I need to get into guanos too I think.
I use Carefree Enzymes Pond Protector stage 2 @ 15 ml/100 gallons. My quart will treat over 6000 gallons.
A little fish hydrolysate will be cool too, cheap enough in the NGW catalog for now I guess.
And I need to get this bookmarked chitosan stuff that Kobe24 said that he liked better than harpin protein, + salicylic acid(aspirin).
And then we should rock the cheap foliars too.
And let's not forget .15-.3 ml/gal Dip N Grow (1% IBA, 0.5% NAA) to blow roots up for hella cheap instead of that roots whatever. Until I order IBA and NAA from somewhere.
And the alfalfa in the tea kicks down the triacontanol and a bunch of aminos.
I need to get some 70% fulvic acid powder.
A big festival of performance enhancing cheap stuff so we can save that money and have more control of our meds.
I need to spend some more money before I have fully automated VPD management, which really makes a big difference with the veg growth rate. The triacontanol picture will let me keep the money needed for that equipment.
I don't want to have to pay hydro store prices for any liquid. I used to not mind paying for nutes, but at a certain point it gets too expensive.
I like continuously searching for the next small advantage. They all add up to one big advantage.
I am all high and rambling right now, hope you don't mind.

Thanks for the ppm info, snoopytime. I'm not trying to give up my hard-earned money either.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Hells yeah. I bought 50 lb bags of Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate(epsom salts), and Monopotassium Phosphate. And 3 lbs of a micro mix. For 181.06. I can make pretty much any nute ratio I want now. And I will never have to pay for base nutes again.
And the kelp, humic, earthworm castings, molasses, alfalfa, etc. from the place that has that stuff. Teas rock. I need to get into guanos too I think.
I use Carefree Enzymes Pond Protector stage 2 @ 15 ml/100 gallons. My quart will treat over 6000 gallons.
A little fish hydrolysate will be cool too, cheap enough in the NGW catalog for now I guess.
And I need to get this bookmarked chitosan stuff that Kobe24 said that he liked better than harpin protein, + salicylic acid(aspirin).
And then we should rock the cheap foliars too.
And let's not forget .15-.3 ml/gal Dip N Grow (1% IBA, 0.5% NAA) to blow roots up for hella cheap instead of that roots whatever. Until I order IBA and NAA from somewhere.
And the alfalfa in the tea kicks down the triacontanol and a bunch of aminos.
I need to get some 70% fulvic acid powder.
A big festival of performance enhancing cheap stuff so we can save that money and have more control of our meds.
I need to spend some more money before I have fully automated VPD management, which really makes a big difference with the veg growth rate. The triacontanol picture will let me keep the money needed for that equipment.
I don't want to have to pay hydro store prices for any liquid. I used to not mind paying for nutes, but at a certain point it gets too expensive.
I like continuously searching for the next small advantage. They all add up to one big advantage.
I am all high and rambling right now, hope you don't mind.

Thanks for the ppm info, snoopytime. I'm not trying to give up my hard-earned money either.

Hey dk have you had success with the Carefree Enzymes Pond Protector over hygrozeyme? I have been trying to compare the two.

dankworth

dankworth

Hey dk have you had success with the Carefree Enzymes Pond Protector over hygrozeyme? I have been trying to compare the two.

Yes I have had success. All you have to do is put together a res without it and watch the salt layer accumulate. I have used this product for almost a year and a half. This company actually makes a hydroponic-specific enzyme product now also, but I do not know its application rate or anything else about it.

I believe it was Jalisco Kid that first mentioned these types of enzymes for use in gardening.

I always use 15 ml/100 gallon on everything. Sometimes, I pour some out on the floor, for all the dead homeys. Because I have so much enzymes.
I have saved myself hundreds of dollars so far.

girlwondergrows

girlwondergrows

That is great info on the enzyme replacement. I tried using the pond protector but didn't get real good results, but I wasn't using anywhere close to 15 ml/gal. I think the recommendations of the bottle led me to put something like a tablespoon in 100 gallons. I'm also not sure I was using stage 2... I went on JK's advice too but I'm not sure I ever heard the proper dosage. I'd be curious to check out their hydro product and see what the differences are. Knowing this industry it will be identical enzymes at 25% strength and cost 2x as much.

On a related not I'd also love to know more about the tricontinol. I've heard it's the same thing in Canna Boost, but still not sure how much is in there.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Okay, here reporting for duty. Lets get snowstorm and nannamanna reverse engineered asap!

Does purplemaxx still include the stuff in snowstorm? I know they separated the products a while back, but heard SS is same as PM minus the purpling agent (yeah whatever?)

dankworth

dankworth

That is great info on the enzyme replacement. I tried using the pond protector but didn't get real good results, but I wasn't using anywhere close to 15 ml/gal. I think the recommendations of the bottle led me to put something like a tablespoon in 100 gallons. I'm also not sure I was using stage 2... I went on JK's advice too but I'm not sure I ever heard the proper dosage. I'd be curious to check out their hydro product and see what the differences are. Knowing this industry it will be identical enzymes at 25% strength and cost 2x as much.

On a related not I'd also love to know more about the tricontinol. I've heard it's the same thing in Canna Boost, but still not sure how much is in there.

I read in someone else's thread a long time ago that 15 ml/100 gallons was the company's recommended application rate. They got that info in an email from the company, or at least that is what they said.

You can play with triacontanol by steeping 1-2 handfuls of alfalfa in a body of water for like 8-48 hours. I use it in teas. When you use a buttload of the alfalfa tea, your plants will grow glands in places you have never seen before, and way ahead of schedule. And more vigor. Spurt of growth and all.
Alfalfa has a bunch, and I mean a bunch of aminos too.
So cheap. But at a high enough dose it may make your plants not stretch enough depending on what you need.

I do not know anything about that purple maxx stuff. I would like to thank the people that made that for putting a nice exact amount of triacontanol in their snowstorm so we could reverse engineer it more handily.

I really like the fact that the triacontanol causes an increase in quality and quantity, without apparent risk. Good pgrs are rad. Maybe I should put triacontanol in my smoothies.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I would like to thank the people that made that for putting a nice exact amount of triacontanol in their snowstorm so we could reverse engineer it more handily.

Exactly, if PMaxx = SS + ?, then maybe we have some useful ppm clues? I've done some searching and seems the consensus is they are the same other than the purpling part. Apparently SS was a marketing response to use of PMx for people who don't need/want the purpler.

I tried two foliar applications of PMx on several branches of each of 9 strains just finishing flower, and honestly I've seen nothing interesting yet (another week of flushing to go). Also used bananamanna in the res, so not an objective test if tricont is the secret sauce.

dankworth

dankworth

Anybody know the cost of sending stuff in to a lab to get an analysis of how much of what is in a solution?
To some people it would easily be worth a grand to know the exact amounts of things. I could easily lose far more than a grand annually from not having my dose of triacontanol in my MOAB duplicated correctly.

I have a suspicion that Banana Manna may have salicylic acid(aspirin) and/or some chitinase-based compound for the SAR reaction, in addition to tria. I am just guessing here based on other applications of Scorpion Juice in years past, and aspirin recently.

dankworth

dankworth

Just checked Oregon Dept of Ag site, Snow storm ultra is supposed to be a 0-0-3. There was 2.95% K2O in 2010. So ppms are from K? Need to check salicylic acid to see if it registers ppms.
Maybe it is not triacontanol after all in the Snow Storm Ultra, banana manna, etc.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I find it interesting just how many of these 'magic' products contain IBA when you look at the WA or OR analysis.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Just checked Oregon Dept of Ag site, Snow storm ultra is supposed to be a 0-0-3. There was 2.95% K2O in 2010. So ppms are from K? Need to check salicylic acid to see if it registers ppms.
Maybe it is not triacontanol after all in the Snow Storm Ultra, banana manna, etc.

At what rate do you use SSU? and do you use it all the way thru flower? I've been only using it in the last few weeks..

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Okay, here reporting for duty. Lets get snowstorm and nannamanna reverse engineered asap!

Does purplemaxx still include the stuff in snowstorm? I know they separated the products a while back, but heard SS is same as PM minus the purpling agent (yeah whatever?)

Snake Oils reverse engineered?......lol.....

I'm in. Did anybody ever figure out a DIY for snowstorm?

I dont care if its got horse piss in it.....it makes my flowers stack trich's.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Does MOAB contain Triacontanol?? I thought it did, but someone here at the farm told me NO, and he was pretty adamant about it. I know the "guaranteed analysis" won't label any if it does contain Tria, but I've heard yes and no from multiple people and its fucking annoying.

Anybody have application rates for SSU?? I wanna use it this run and I know the nutrient companies almost always tell you to use too much. I need rates based on successful results if anybody has it, thanks.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

problem with these old threads is we find answers/errors without updating anybody o_O

consesus seems to be no triac in moab, it's just map with b-vit (marked up 1000x of course). there's another triac thread where someone posted some ppm figures. i bought the powder and polysorb, but haven't even messed with it yet. instead just been using a ton of alfalfa in crobe tea, esp during flower.

sounds like one secret ingredient that makes bananamanna do it's thing might just be.. bananas! (where's that old dancing gif when you need it?)

Top Bottom