So Cal Outdoor Growers with unusual Bud Rot, one bud or so...take note

• Thread starter ReelBusy1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReelBusy1

So Cal Outdoor Farmers with unusual Bud Rot, one bud or so...take note

those unusual spots of bud rot may actually be where a little but growing big green catapillar started to grow and eat the plant.
You may want to check the buds, stems and leaves up and down the plant.
I found a couple on my tomatos and two MJ plants but the dry bud gives them right away.
A couple other farmers in other forums have mentioned the unusual spotty dry buds so I thought I would throw the warning out there for everyone since if its happening in my backyard then its happening in others too.
:rasta:

M

Medic

there are worms underneath feeding on them. Hurry and pluck them out bro. Been battling them all week. Fucking moths bro. I walk around with a tennis racket and swat the fuckers. Pick through the cola starting at the point of the crispy part of the nug and go down from their and search along the main stem, youll find them. Smash the fuckers,

look out for the moths my fellow socal growers.

R

ReelBusy1

there are worms underneath feeding on them. Hurry and pluck them out bro. Been battling them all week. Fucking moths bro. I walk around with a tennis racket and swat the fuckers. Pick through the cola starting at the point of the crispy part of the nug and go down from their and search along the main stem, youll find them. Smash the fuckers,

those are the ones.
That's a very good description of the search that needs to be done.
magnifiers and tweezers help

bigdawg

bigdawg

look out for PETA man!! lol that's funny shit man!!:rofl

M

Medic

Tweezer help no doubt as if your growing nothing but emperors like i am, your fingers get fucked up with black resin, and buds and leaves just start getting plucked off. Man one of my favorites right now is getting destroyed by those bastards. now they are on the Chemdog D. and some on the candy kushes. Ive been acting like pete sampris lately with my racket in my hand. see a moth.. BBBBAAAAMMMM. got em then with the stomp out.
Im paying this one old man native to an island that helps me with my fields, and dudes been eating them. Finding them and biting heads off. A true head. LOL. I was like thats some survivor man shit, im gonna go grab us some trail mix from the shack if your hungry. lol. One cool oldman. this guy just stands in the sun for hours looking for the worms. As i walk around with a racket with a major blunt swatting them down.

M

Medic

after a good thorough search your buds will look like someone rubbed them for hash. Fucked up site if you ask me. Im hurting right now on a few.

R

ReelBusy1

after a good thorough search your buds will look like someone rubbed them for hash. Fucked up site if you ask me. Im hurting right now on a few.

I'm sorry to hear that.
They seem to be after my SSH plants.
The others are clean right now but I just s[ent another 3 hours with magnifying glasses and tweezers going over a dozen plants outside.
Found one last catapiller and squished him good.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
ahhhh....socal learning the ways of outdoor, them pests well can be a serious nuisance. Proper preparation prevents....you know the saying.
Beneficial bugs used at the proper timing and certain sprays will kill them dead.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
ReelBusy1, spray with bacillius thurengiensis to kill catapillers, it seems to work if you don't have developed flowers yet.....it's cheap too. I know i misspelled the name of it, but it works and is natural.

R

ReelBusy1

ReelBusy1, spray with bacillius thurengiensis to kill catapillers, it seems to work if you don't have developed flowers yet.....it's cheap too. I know i misspelled the name of it, but it works and is natural.

I'm like 3 weeks away from harvest for the outdoors plants so I'm hunting by hand....

mace

mace

Dealing with catapillers myself and they suck! found 11 yesterday, and two more today on this one flowering girl i have. Already lost around 4 grams to these things i figure, not to mention the top cola's look torn up.
As others have said, check at the dried flowers base and just below, they are hiding there sucking your plants life away.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

budworms

Helicoverpa punctigera
Hedya nubiferana

i had Huge problem in late 80's with them .
try lookin here

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/TOPIC_GUIDE_IG_Vegetables

For preventative measures pyrethrin, or carbaryl, but this too will be effective only when applied immediately after the eggs hatch. Once they enter the buds, the worms will be protected from the spray....
2322.jpg

purpleberry

purpleberry

Can the BT be sprayed when the plants are 3-4 weeks into flower? Ive heard they can be a problem but I havent seen any yet and would like to spray if it wont hurt anything.

J

Jalisco Kid

I have a plant a Bubba x Paki that grows well outside and pillars seem to die from it. You can see a tiny brown spot where it was hatched but never has a insect been found. My pre B they seem to love.I use a sewing needle for leather to probe my buds. JK

Z

zoeronerer

the caterpillars poop causes the mold...so just getting rid of the bug still leaves a chance for sum rot....next year some caterpillar killer from home depot deployed once should do it if bombed at the proper time....i grew backyard in dego as a child had to use it every year ..........fuck those little bastards..... KBF ,kill bugs first.........:sick0004:

R

ReelBusy1

the pillars have been after one SSH plant I have outside.
Must be the flavor.

Woke up today and a big praying mantis is in the SSH looking fat and happy...and the plant was critter free.
Go Mantis Go!
I hope she,s happy there....

medikush8

medikush8

those unusual spots of bud rot may actually be where a little but growing big green catapillar started to grow and eat the plant.
You may want to check the buds, stems and leaves up and down the plant.
I found a couple on my tomatos and two MJ plants but the dry bud gives them right away.
A couple other farmers in other forums have mentioned the unusual spotty dry buds so I thought I would throw the warning out there for everyone since if its happening in my backyard then its happening in others too.
:rasta:

Reelbusy, Thank you for the heads up, growing in my backyard in the sfv I'm dealing with these exact annoying pests. I picked up some spinosad organic concentrate and sprayed em down... Well see how that works in a few days. One of my ogs is pretty infested and doesnt look too great :worried

Top Bottom