so excited...starting to build my mpb system

• Thread starter legalizethis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

legalizethis

Premium Member
Supporter
first off i would like to thank DD for his passion for this. you are a pioneer and i am honored to follow your footsteps

where do i begin!!!

im waiting for my girls to mature right now 6 weeks into flowering. after they are done im going to rip apart my room and start building DD system.

my space is 12' wide 18' long x 2 (i have 2 identical rooms one on top of another) 2 story.
currently hosting 12x 1k and 108 pants per room. with my style, my best yield to date is 2.7 pounds per 1k of watts. i run a sealed room, 2 - 5 ton a/c units (5ton per room) with my lights off the rooms are always at 72 (that's where i set my ac) with the lights on 78-82 degree's. co2 set at 1350ppm might raise to 1500 when running the mpb system.

looking to now run mpb style
11 plants per room 10x1k lights. (got room for 2k more but where do i put them?? or any suggestions??

x o x
o x o
x o x
o x o
x o x
o x o
x o x

0=lights
x= plants

just bought 25 rezzies from home depot (27gal $12)
quick disconnect fittings 3 peices for each bucket
gotta look for a chiller. dont know of a good one havn't done my homework on this yet....if anyone knows of a good one...please chime in. 1/2hp? 1hp?
looking for the hi-blow 80 pump...founds a few spots but havn't bite the bullet yet.

i'll edit post as ups and fedex show up to my door :smiley_joint:

happy new year fellow farmers!!

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I'm watchin, gonna feel great to go from a couple hundred girls to 22 something, ain't it!

are you running flip flops for the rooms to save spikes and ballasts?

L

legalizethis

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm watchin, gonna feel great to go from a couple hundred girls to 22 something, ain't it!

are you running flip flops for the rooms to save spikes and ballasts?

feels great...omg to down size is girls

not running flip flops. each room has a control room. but the ballasts are all in the flowering room, i would like to move them...maybe i might. but i know i should hehe

going to get 4 1800 gph pumps today and picking up 2 - 100 gall rezzies. a chiller if they got the one im looking for. i'll post costs too to help other farmers out.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

View attachment 62290

Hi legalizethis, This layout is 40" spacing, if it fits for U it will give U 12 plants and 12 lights
4 plants with lights on 4 sides
6 plants with lights on 3 sides
2 plants with lights on 2 sides
or
View attachment 62289
10 Plant and 10 Lights.
3 plants with lights on 4 sides
5 plants with lights on 3 sides
2 plants with lights on 2 sides
Might be better than 11 plants.

:icon_spin:

L

legalizethis

Premium Member
Supporter
u got some serious skillz in design!!!

since this style if new to me...im not sure how wide my plants will get....i'm hearing from 40"-60" im going to set up the room for 60" just incase....i dont want the first run to be to close to the lights and get some heat stress.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

u got some serious skillz in design!!!

since this style if new to me...im not sure how wide my plants will get....i'm hearing from 40"-60" im going to set up the room for 60" just incase....i dont want the first run to be to close to the lights and get some heat stress.

I'm thinking 60" maybe because of a low ceiling. 40" is the spacing used to grow 4LB G13 plants. It seems to be to close but the plants do not fit between the 40". See below. There is a lot of room 4' 8" between the lights and because the plant get smaller towards the top. The important thing as stated by DDs is at least 3 1000w HPS per plant, for big plants. You can raise the light to increase distance. Too much distance and they don’t get the intensity. You may need to have fans to blow up to cool the lights if heat is an issue. Good Luck!

View attachment 62539
View attachment 62540
View attachment 62541

B

Boots Sugarleaf

the 40" thing could be scary if not real sure about how the plants will grow out, if the piping/tubing was more flexible in the mpb system it would be nice I think, same for the under current....I guess a main ingredient to these rigid systems lies in knowing the genetics that you throw in em then space the system accordingly

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Whatever the distance vertical lighting is the way to go.

N

nughit

I can't wait till I start to build my system. DDs system kicks ass.

M

mrdizzle

nortone is probably right about the indicas, someone else said something about the plant is smaller at the top which makes a lot of sense too, you can raise the bulbs outt the plants way i just ran outta ceiling. I FIM my plants so they dont have that nice christmas tree shape too them

Top Bottom