So freaking excited!

• Thread starter Charise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Charise

Charise

Hi, New member here.... And first time grower.

We started with feminized auto flowering seeds. Seemed like a bit of a cheat... but we figured for the first grow it would be a good idea to make it as simple as possible. Planted 3 seeds (only 2 came up). Their names are Nina and Lola and every night and every morning we go downstairs and sing to them. Also they are a sativa strain, which I personally prefer. They seem to be doing very well... It is thrilling to see the massive growth every day. I don't think I've ever grown a plant that gives me this much joy... I must say, harvest is going to be difficult because I find myself attached to these beauties!

I have some basic questions... Please keep in mind that I am not super scientific and too much gobbeldy gook will boggle my mind so please keep it simple... like, speak to my inner 6 year old because some of the forums around here make my brain spin.

Apparently I picked a good soil... because they seem to be thriving in it. It was good organic soil I got from a trusted garden center. They are in large plastic buckets that I drilled holes in for drainage. (Next time I will get the recommended cloth pots). I got these LED Chinese grow lights on Amazon... which I see people bitching about on several forums around here... but my plants seem to be thriving... so again... perhaps I lucked out with my pick of lights?... I did read the reviews on Amazon and people seemed to be happy with this particular light...

I need to start giving my plants some nutrients I guess? I am absolutely inclined to go natural, organic. Can anyone recommend a great organic natural fertilizer? How often should I fertilize?
Should I boil banana skins and coffee grinds? Or should I keep it simple for my first grow and buy a ready made organic?

With auto flowering, do I still control the vegging and flowering? Or does the plant figure out this on its own. And if I do control the flowering... how long do I keep it in the veg stage? Right now I am doing 16 hours of light and 8 hours of darkness with the veg light on. They are surrounded by tin foil. They are in my basement (not in a tent).... so there is plenty of room for growth.

I know these questions seem very basic.... baby steps.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new around here so I will let some of the more seasoned veterans answer your questions. They will probably be by soon.

If you post some pictures of your plants under natural lights will also help them provide some guidance. (It looks like your LEDs may be blurple off your profile pic)

Best of luck with your journey!

Charise

Charise

Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new around here so I will let some of the more seasoned veterans answer your questions. They will probably be by soon.

If you post some pictures of your plants under natural lights will also help them provide some guidance. (It looks like your LEDs may be blurple off your profile pic)

Best of luck with your journey!
Thanks so much for responding! I guess they are kind of "blurple". There is a switch for bloom... which changes the quality of light. Wondering if I should be using that mode instead? Perhaps some of the more seasoned farmers will be able to respond to this. I'll post some pics later. I have them on a daytime sleep schedule so right now they are having their beauty rest.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Welcome to the farm... imo use both switches on you may have to back the light off as it will increase the intensity.the wider the spectrum the better (more colors).

I'm not an organic guy but if you go with an organically derived nutrient line like biobizz, terp tea etc. (I cannot recommend just giving examples) they will be available to the plants. It may be a bit later to start using full on organic amendments at this time but see what the guys who use them say.

@Homesteader @gnick?

Charise

Charise

Welcome to the farm... imo use both switches on you may have to back the light off as it will increase the intensity.the wider the spectrum the better (more colors).

I'm not an organic guy but if you go with an organically derived nutrient line like biobizz, terp tea etc. (I cannot recommend just giving examples) they will be available to the plants. It may be a bit later to start using full on organic amendments at this time but see what the guys who use them say.

@Homesteader @gnick?
Thank you so much for responding! I'm using two lights and found some organic fertilizer at my garden store... next batch I may try boiling banana skins etc... but for now my girls are growing like maniacs. Thanks for the light recommend!

Top Bottom