So here is my tent setup in progress..help needed

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ngrow20

Ngrow20

I have a 8ftx4ftx6.5ft grow tent. I put 3 spider farmer sf4000s in it and I purchased a 6 inch ac infinity fan for exhaust with ac infinity carbon filter.. any suggestions to get it set up for optimal conditions would greatly be appreciated. Fans I may need to use etc..lights can get kinda warm. Also not sure whether or not to add an intake fan or not and will the 6 inch ac infinity be good for exhaust? Hopefully because I purchased it a while ago. Any help at all would be great. New to this whole setup process, at least for a larger tent I have only grown in small tents. Thanks in advance.

So here is my tent setup in progresshelp needed
So here is my tent setup in progresshelp needed 2
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Calculate your cubic feet of your grow area wxlxh

compare that to the cfm rating of your intake fan. I’m sure 6 inch will be sufficient for proper air exchange. You can spend extra cash of you want for a additional intake or you could just passive intake coming in from the bottom of your tent which will work ok. Your not using co2 so exhausting isn’t a big deal… I have 4 6 inch fans in my 4x8 I could use a few more but that should be bare minimum..

sandune

sandune

Calculate your cubic feet of your grow area wxlxh

compare that to the cfm rating of your intake fan. I’m sure 6 inch will be sufficient for proper air exchange. You can spend extra cash of you want for a additional intake or you could just passive intake coming in from the bottom of your tent which will work ok. Your not using co2 so exhausting isn’t a big deal… I have 4 6 inch fans in my 4x8 I could use a few more but that should be bare minimum..
I've got the exact tent. Go with the 8" exhaust system. I vent to the outside so I don't need a filter. You'll regret using 6" if you get it, if you filter your temp and RH will suffer.

Ponky

Ponky

You just need like 3 or 4 little Honeywell fans. And I personally like to set up and air intake hose that draws its air through a furnace filter. To keep it clean inside. You don't need a separate duct fan. Just another bit of ducting.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I have same size tent. Need a fan underneath and a fan over top of canopy and I like having a few lil 6 inchers above blowing on the lights. I think keeping the lights a lil cooler should help with equipment life. Personally I have a 12 inch oscillating fan on the floor of tent, then above canopy I have a 16 inch oscillating wall mount fan I rigged up to a half inch osb board with loose zip ties on the poles to keep it squared and a ratchet rope for adjustability, then three 6 inch clip fans above lights and angled to hit any dead air spots on sides
20210615 164308

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I've got the exact tent. Go with the 8" exhaust system. I vent to the outside so I don't need a filter. You'll regret using 6" if you get it, if you filter your temp and RH will suffer.
I built a lung box directly over my ac. I pull 65 degree air into my tent it’s closed loop system.. exhaust back into the box..my tents actually 5x10 but I think going 8 inch would help I feel my 20 pint dehui is working it’s balls off to keep RH 50 ish with light on.. I just had to replace it after a month. I’m gonna get a 50 pint to cut down on the run time. The 20 pint just seems undersized with my grow method. I have 100 gallons of water free falling back into my rezes out of flood tables

rightweedofthefreeworld

rightweedofthefreeworld

+1 on fans and exhaust system, have a maxisun pb4000 in a 4x4 with a 4" exhaust system, thing throws off lots of heat. When the outside is 74dF, it would get into the 90's without fans. Weak fans, even blowing on the back of it brought to manageable levels. However still running between 50-70% intensity until I can afford a new exhaust system.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think 8 inch is ideal, and 6 inches minimum, depending on output cfm specs. But I do agree having fans inside moving the canopy help a lot. Personally, I move air along the bottom layer of the tent, throwing it too the walls out from the center. (in both directions) kinda an upward facing whirlwind, if you will, then my outputs at the top.

I know those zeny looking tents anywhere, you made a good choice, IMO. inexpensive, but durable.
There's more than one way to approach this. I'm in, this should be a fun ride.

Last edited:
SC69

SC69

Supporter
I built a lung box directly over my ac. I pull 65 degree air into my tent it’s closed loop system.. exhaust back into the box..my tents actually 5x10 but I think going 8 inch would help I feel my 20 pint dehui is working it’s balls off to keep RH 50 ish with light on.. I just had to replace it after a month. I’m gonna get a 50 pint to cut down on the run time. The 20 pint just seems undersized with my grow method. I have 100 gallons of water free falling back into my rezes out of flood tables
This is good information for me. I was already undercutting myself on the dehumidifier in my head. I’ll go bigger or go home. 🤣🤣

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

This is good information for me. I was already undercutting myself on the dehumidifier in my head. I’ll go bigger or go home. 🤣🤣
Yeah do yourself some justice over compensate for sure. My 20 pint is damn near running constantly causing my temps to increase 4-5 degrees easily if I didn’t have ac going into my tents it could cause heat stress…

TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

8 or a 10" exhaust needed for that size tent & setup

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I agree with everyone else. 8" is what you want. I have an ACI S6 in my 5 x 5 and it works great but I can see if I went any bigger on tent size I'd want an 8".

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I have same size tent. Need a fan underneath and a fan over top of canopy and I like having a few lil 6 inchers above blowing on the lights. I think keeping the lights a lil cooler should help with equipment life. Personally I have a 12 inch oscillating fan on the floor of tent, then above canopy I have a 16 inch oscillating wall mount fan I rigged up to a half inch osb board with loose zip ties on the poles to keep it squared and a ratchet rope for adjustability, then three 6 inch clip fans above lights and angled to hit any dead air spots on sidesView attachment 1173459

A lot of air moving in that tent.....

You don't have issues with canoeing or leaf edge curl?

MercDod

MercDod

I would run a 10" blackout duct as an input into bottom of tent so you dont have to mess with the removable velcro mesh vents. Be sure its long enough so outside light is not an issue. Include a 10" speed adjustable inline fan to it so your output fan is not overworked. Its a balancing act to adjust both fans so you have a slight vacuum on the tent (SLIGHT), but is easily achievable.

Top Bottom