So how do you guys prep your coco?

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

I’m doing the coco for cannabis method with the bricks of coco and double buffering , I wanted to plant right in solo cups but he says to flush with pure water at 6.5 ph . Is this what u guys do? I’ve been doing so much work already and this just seems like way more work then I bargained for .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m doing the coco for cannabis method with the bricks of coco and double buffering , I wanted to plant right in solo cups but he says to flush with pure water at 6.5 ph . Is this what u guys do? I’ve been doing so much work already and this just seems like way more work then I bargained for .
So the bricks I do rinse just in tap water.... canna coco. I haven't soaked or ph'ed mine and no issues.

I expand then rinse under the faucet about 120ppm and 7.1 ph. Says you don't have to but I find the bricks to have some dust and I want a night light fluffy coco free of sediment that improves breathability. The already expanded canna coco is just dump and use. Both are certified pest free and quality. I will never bother with another as coco is not created equal.

Then fill containers and mix my nutrient solution and run my ph adjusted nutrients through the media at 1x pot volume. For me that's 1 gal. At the end of that my ppm is and ph are pretty much bang on the input ppm and ph.

A quality coco is important and you can't go wrong with canna coco imo.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

To rinse I just use a kitchen strainer... the screen type and give it 5-10 sec rinse with the sprayer over the sink

2Bad

2Bad

I appreciate the comments peeps . So either of you use brick coco or na? Cus my number one question is my buffering solution supposedly raises the ppm , how much do I have to flush and if my water from the tap is at .2 is that fine?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I appreciate the comments peeps . So either of you use brick coco or na? Cus my number one question is my buffering solution supposedly raises the ppm , how much do I have to flush and if my water from the tap is at .2 is that fine?
0.2 is perfect water for plants... I just run 5-10 sec for a strainer full after hydrating. Yes I currently use the canna bricks but in the future will be buying the expanded bags because you just toss it in the pots and your done.

2Bad

2Bad

Ohhh ok I didn’t know they had canna bricks dope ! But u don’t buffer or nothing ? And how do u go about germinating if u don’t mind me asking

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ohhh ok I didn’t know they had canna bricks dope ! But u don’t buffer or nothing ? And how do u go about germinating if u don’t mind me asking
I dont buffer the canna bricks but I can't speak for other brands.

I soak 16-18 hrs the into a paper towel til they germ then into starter plugs usually. But I have also just soaked and put straight into coco.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
i also dont buffer my coco bricks, but i do soak them in hot water first to kill any bugs that might be alive, and then give them a flush after with some cooler water and 1hour later its clean and ready to use 👍

2Bad

2Bad

i also dont buffer my coco bricks, but i do soak them in hot water first to kill any bugs that might be alive, and then give them a flush after with some cooler water and 1hour later its clean and ready to use 👍
Thanks guys I really appreciate it . I was sorta doubting myself tonight , wasn’t sure if I could actually go threw with it after spending all the money to invest in my own medicine u know lol 😂

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I'm a Canna Coco person too, I use the Canna Pro Plus bags, fill the pot and water it until run off with Water /Canna Start, let it sit for 24 hours while the seeds soak, job done :-)

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

So the bricks I do rinse just in tap water.... canna coco. I haven't soaked or ph'ed mine and no issues.

I expand then rinse under the faucet about 120ppm and 7.1 ph. Says you don't have to but I find the bricks to have some dust and I want a night light fluffy coco free of sediment that improves breathability. The already expanded canna coco is just dump and use. Both are certified pest free and quality. I will never bother with another as coco is not created equal.

Then fill containers and mix my nutrient solution and run my ph adjusted nutrients through the media at 1x pot volume. For me that's 1 gal. At the end of that my ppm is and ph are pretty much bang on the input ppm and ph.

A quality coco is important and you can't go wrong with canna coco imo.
Isn't PH 7.1 to buffering coco high, I thought PH 6.1 was a good number for buffering coco.

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Ok thanks, I use the canna Coco brick which is supposed to be buffered already, but I go ahead and wash and buffer anyway so I know for sure what I got. I used my master blend 3 parts with a EC of 1.3 and PH at 6.1 but I haven't did I start to finish run yet. I started one and let it go to day 61 then killed it off because I got cold feet until it's legal where I live, but here is what it looked like, didn't start budding until day 30 so it was 31 days into flowering and had another 4 weeks to go. Gave it to a fined that said it gave him a racy buzz. But will never give one like that alway again.

Screenshot 20220511 114101
Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

I did grow indoors for a year and half at the time I had this one growing but had that bad feeling that I was being watched, so that's why I got rid of it, nothing ever happened but always go with your gut feeling about things. So will have a few outside this year and hope Ohio passes the cannabis bill, I do have a medical marijuana card but I like mine better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom