So I guess I can start thinking about odor control

• Thread starter Lord Bonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

I used to run almost hermetically seal rooms so smell was never an issue for me to worry about,
swamp cooler 20 lights and some tables

but now life isnt so simple,
So how do people go about scrubbing smell, and if I go the can filter route, how do I know what size to use?

my tent, is small... only 5x10...
and i have a 8inch variable speed hyper fan as my main exhaust
now in my head a 125 makes sense? is that on the money or massive over kill?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I used to run almost hermetically seal rooms so smell was never an issue for me to worry about,
swamp cooler 20 lights and some tables

but now life isnt so simple,
So how do people go about scrubbing smell, and if I go the can filter route, how do I know what size to use?

my tent, is small... only 5x10...
and i have a 8inch variable speed hyper fan as my main exhaust
now in my head a 125 makes sense? is that on the money or massive over kill?
not sure of exchange,but the 8in fans,i would use to if you got a ton of light on them and or heat issues,over kill is better when your not sure,i cant even smell my grows but the wife and kid will sure let me know they can when i open the tent,so 1 6in fan filter combo works well for the tent as far as smell ,but open doors will fill the room ahahah

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

not sure of exchange,but the 8in fans,i would use to if you got a ton of light on them and or heat issues,over kill is better when your not sure,i cant even smell my grows but the wife and kid will sure let me know they can when i open the tent,so 1 6in fan filter combo works well for the tent as far as smell ,but open doors will fill the room ahahah
I only have 1 light in there and it keeps it cool, too cool maybe,
plus the light is in a cool tube so heats not an issue right yet

:) i hate hvac math so much
triggers muh tin bashers ptsd :PPP

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I only have 1 light in there and it keeps it cool, too cool maybe,
plus the light is in a cool tube so heats not an issue right yet

:) i hate hvac math so much
triggers muh tin bashers ptsd :PPP
i write shit down ,then forget were it is,hahah using a 1k in the tent

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

id like two use 2 1.5k hps in there... just to see :P
me in a 5 x 10 i would go 2 600 watt HID,lights 2 can filters,about 5 or 6 in soil 5 gal buckets,if i went coco flood table,im just tinkering with hydro now,but indoors i would go with 3 or 4 huge plants scrog hahahh,just me,i cant afford all the thrills so HID lights do me fine

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

me in a 5 x 10 i would go 2 600 watt HID,lights 2 can filters,about 5 or 6 in soil 5 gal buckets,if i went coco flood table,im just tinkering with hydro now,but indoors i would go with 3 or 4 huge plants scrog hahahh,just me,i cant afford all the thrills so HID lights do me fine

I used to run 4x8s with RW and hydroton, but i figured id try one in promix before i started trying to fit a 4x8 table down the stair well :P

so you think i will need 2 can filters? both on exhaust or one just as a scrubber?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I used to run 4x8s with RW and hydroton, but i figured id try one in promix before i started trying to fit a 4x8 table down the stair well :P

so you think i will need 2 can filters? both on exhaust or one just as a scrubber?
depends on how parinoid you are,i have 7 folk to hide from hahahahaha,you got to be shitting me,your thread had me thinking mine need replaced ,the same 6in cool tube i got is cheaper than buying a filter,damn light 65 buck,filter that will need replaced after 2 runs 73 bucks,what the hell,guess i be getting that propane torch out and sweep my filter contents with it,damn states finally have rec and med legal and the carpet baggers move in ,then the tent kit prices hell,i got my tent ,2x4x5 6 yrs ago for less than a 100 bucks,same one now 65 bucks,the fan filter,combo with 400 watt ballast,MH bulb HPS bulb 2 ratchet straps and thermometer all that for 125 6yrs ago,tell you what before i paid for the setups on amazon to replace mine,i would build me a damn 7ft tall 2x5 box before i paid 500 bucks for the same thing hell no,hahahah,got to love america ,lol

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
2k go with 8in scrubber and 8in fan. Presh or Can filters. Cheaper ones work but like @oldskol4evr said you have to replace them quite often and sometimes they arent packed with enough carbon to fill the fan completely which can have smell leak.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

2k go with 8in scrubber and 8in fan. Presh or Can filters. Cheaper ones work but like @oldskol4evr said you have to replace them quite often and sometimes they arent packed with enough carbon to fill the fan completely which can have smell leak.
when i first took mine apart,started swiping it with the propane torch,had all kind shit burn off,the back 6inchs of coconut charcol wasnt even dirty,so seeing that i bought my next one with double ends,each run i flip it around,you be surprised how little there is in them cans,seeing those prices it cheaper to go to a fish store and buy charcoal to refill it in my opinion,when i bought the first one,it was advertised as having wood charcol when i took it apart to clean it,it had a film of some sort on it and was coconut husk charcaol so dont be fooled,shit is easy to clean though,i have a spud that slips right on the poropane torch,i lay it out on a cookie sheet real thin and just slowly sweep it across ,burns off any dirt or pollen,if you go to long the stuff will turn grayish ,telling you it has caught like a bbq bricket,just time consuming,last 4 yrs i been doing this every couple runs and does job great,i just got up and running and thought well lets start out with new filter,wow how much prices have changed with most the states legalizing,i have never even heard of many,china racking in the cash for sure

Top Bottom