So I have quite a conundrum...

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Ok so I started 4 autos in early Aug. 1 of them was a free seed that came with the others. It was an auto chemdog that turned out to be a photo so once the autos finished I set it to 12/12 and ended up throwing the rest of my auto seeds under the 12/12 without researching how much yeild I would actually lose. Now the Chemdog has buds everywhere covered in red hairs and calyxes swelling but not a bit of trichomes. I did have some trouble with this plant so it may be from that but that isn't my point. My autos are still pretty young and I think if I scrapped the Chemdog, I may be able to save my yeild on the autos. However, I've also read that some strains don't develop trichomes until way later. I can include pics later. At work at the moment. Any ideas or suggestions welcome. Thanks!

BigDraco

BigDraco

Wait wait wait. Did you just say your flowering your automatic flowering weed strains? That’s your #1 problem. Those automatic flowering plants do just that. So you're changing your lights and messing with the plant lol. Keep the light on 18-6, hell even 20-4 for early veg to get more yield.

If you want to flower your marijuana plant you need a non automatic flowering version of your plants. Those are the kinds you can top and manipulate. Don’t top auto flowers. Put them in the veg room and let them do their thing. Anything you do light wise will only hurt them. Keep it steady like a veg plant.

It’s kinda funny your doing that tbh. Check out some other websites for best auto flowering photo periods.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Wait wait wait. Did you just say your flowering your automatic flowering weed strains? That’s your #1 problem. Those automatic flowering plants do just that. So you're changing your lights and messing with the plant lol. Keep the light on 18-6, hell even 20-4 for early veg to get more yield.

If you want to flower your marijuana plant you need a non automatic flowering version of your plants. Those are the kinds you can top and manipulate. Don’t top auto flowers. Put them in the veg room and let them do their thing. Anything you do light wise will only hurt them. Keep it steady like a veg plant.

It’s kinda funny your doing that tbh. Check out some other websites for best auto flowering photo periods.
No one of my autoflower turned out to be a photo. Thats the only reason I'm running 12/12 now. I wanted to use up the rest of the auto seeds while I did this.

Badchoice

Badchoice

No one of my autoflower turned out to be a photo. Thats the only reason I'm running 12/12 now. I wanted to use up the rest of the auto seeds while I did this.
I’m no expert but if the strain had ruda gene pretty sure you can’t take the auto flower out of it so.... I don’t understand how an auto flower turns into a photo period?

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

I’m no expert but if the strain had ruda gene pretty sure you can’t take the auto flower out of it so.... I don’t understand how an auto flower turns into a photo period?
It hadn't even started flowering when the others were finished around 75 days. I was told it happens sometimes.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

So what's the problem then?? Your auto's finished in 75 days......now you have a photo plant left.........flower it.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

So what's the problem then?? Your auto's finished in 75 days......now you have a photo plant left.........flower it.
The problem is that I threw all the auto seeds i had left in with it to finish them and switch to all photos not realizing how much yeild I would lose. Now the photo isn't producing trichomes when it should be and has deficiencies. Im wondering if I should just switch the light hours back and chalk the photo up as a loss but the plant is huge and full of buds but no trichome development.

Top Bottom