So iam asking my fellow growers. What's the best strain for yield. And strength

• Thread starter Oldmanbud50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

So iam nearly at the end of my 1st grow ever. And have loved every minute. And will be starting a new 1 str8 away after deep clean of tent. I have 4 different strains of seeds. I have milkbone. Black cherry. Zkittlez. And. Mint choc again.. Does anyone have any ideas. On which is best out of the 4 strains. To do ie strength. Yeild.. And any problems in the growing of them.. I will be using the same set up n feeding schedule. Tent is 2x2x5.cfl full spectrum. Mars hydro led unit.. 4"extractor fan. 6"osolateing. Fan.. Temp range in the UK. So I run at nyt to compensate for that..would love your input and any tips. On these strains. Ty and happy growing

BigCube

BigCube

White widow is a great yielding strain, but has almost no flavor.

Gelato is a nice strong flavorful strain, but doesnt yield as well WW..

I think it's more about finding that happy balance depending on your intended outcome.

To me, flavor trumps all. Everything is at least 20% these days. So I don't care about thc%. They are all good enough for me. Yield? Well I can just grow more if that's what i want. Flavor is the one thing i actually care about, cause if it's not enjoyable why even bother?

I wasn't always like this. I used to only care about strength and yield when I was younger and thought higher numbers = better cannabis. I came to realize that % and yield are the 2 least important factors. And that it's all about flavor.

For yields, god bud and big bud strains do well, as does white widow.
For % well that's an entirely different conversation. I dont believe advertised thc% numbers. They have been caught out faking the numbers so many times, I don't even pay attention to them anymore.

I'm not up on the current strains, but gelato and GGC were some of the highest a year or so ago.

I believe it has more to do with your growing technique than it does the strain, for most people.

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

N1.. Don't like geleto. For some reason it never gets me high for long. White widow is a nice high bit u are ryt on the taste.. Think I will do 2 of each n probably scrog them. To fit in my small space. 2 milkbone. 2 black cherry. N 2 zkittlez.. What can go wrong. Lol.. Ty again for reply

BigCube

BigCube

N1.. Don't like geleto. For some reason it never gets me high for long. White widow is a nice high bit u are ryt on the taste.. Think I will do 2 of each n probably scrog them. To fit in my small space. 2 milkbone. 2 black cherry. N 2 zkittlez.. What can go wrong. Lol.. Ty again for reply

Weird. Must have been grown wrong. Gelato gets me high for just as long as any other bud.. in fact I don't think I've had any weed in the last 20 years that the high didn't last as long as other weed..

Good luck with your grow mang 👍

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Lol not me m8. Don't get me wrong I like it a little bit but not 1 of my favs.. Taste is good for me it's the high. As a nice flavour don't cure pain. As high does.. If it was taste. I'd suck on a sweet. Lol.. Defo stronger the better for pain management.. Ty again

BigCube

BigCube

Lol not me m8. Don't get me wrong I like it a little bit but not 1 of my favs.. Taste is good for me it's the high. As a nice flavour don't cure pain. As high does.. If it was taste. I'd suck on a sweet. Lol.. Defo stronger the better for pain management.. Ty again

Makes sense, I dont use it for medical reasons so I get how it differs from my experience. Pain reduction through cannabis is not something I have any experience with. I can see how some strains may not last as long as others. 👍

Good luck on your search mang!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Letting them ripen just a bit longer help with pain for me. i also mix a few strains together and take a couple bong rips for pain usually and if that don’t work dabs always does it.

Experienced.grower

Experienced.grower

Anything with Skunk as it’s base will have enormous yields...the next question is what terpenes do you like...these 2 answers will net you all the strains you will love with huge yields believe me there will be a lot...you can even look them all up easily online ...

you can break every single strain down to kush- diesel- skunk after that it’s all terpenes...many strains are a mix of these 3 but all strains lean only 1 dominant way this is why saying indica or sativa is simply not accurate...better would be to say I like pinene and diesel I would name original glue and 50 other diesels like glue...you understand. Mind blown I’m sure...I have that effect

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Anything with Skunk as it’s base will have enormous yields...the next question is what terpenes do you like...these 2 answers will net you all the strains you will love with huge yields believe me there will be a lot...you can even look them all up easily online ...

you can break every single strain down to kush- diesel- skunk after that it’s all terpenes...many strains are a mix of these 3 but all strains lean only 1 dominant way this is why saying indica or sativa is simply not accurate...better would be to say I like pinene and diesel I would name original glue and 50 other diesels like glue...you understand. Mind blown I’m sure...I have that effect
I agree m8 and ty u for the information. Nope never blew my mind. Lol it blew the last brain cell I had left. But get what you mean. Iv learnt a lot on here. So all making sence ty again m8. Happy growing

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Letting them ripen just a bit longer help with pain for me. i also mix a few strains together and take a couple bong rips for pain usually and if that don’t work dabs always does it.
Wish I lived in a country that it was legal. Uks full of muppets trying to sell u crap and dangerous. Weed. Or hash. Hence me doing my own. At least then I know what it is. How its grown. Dried properly. I get to make cannabutter with my trim best of both worlds..

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Think I'll try 2 black cherry. 2 milkbone. And 1 wedding cake. Or zkittlez... Get this 1 done first. Happy growing peeps

Top Bottom