So I've got these seedlings

• Thread starter Vintaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vintaw

Vintaw

These seeds came from a few plants that Hermie'd out and they just seem odd to me. They are now about ten weeks old and just seem a little off. Can you sprout males from feminized seeds?
I'll post pics soon if I don't create the post before I get there I seem to forget.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

These seeds came from a few plants that Hermie'd out and they just seem odd to me. They are now about ten weeks old and just seem a little off. Can you sprout males from feminized seeds?
I'll post pics soon if I don't create the post before I get there I seem to forget.
Usually if the seeds are coming from feminized pollen (aka Hermie'd nanners) then you will NOT get any males. However it is possible to get crappy mutated genetics it all just depends on a ton of different genetic factors that are likely unknown in your case. What I can tell you from experience is sometimes you get lucky and the bag seed you find end up coming out amazing. Other times its really shitty retarded genetics. Kind of a roll of the dice but some of my best strains I grew came from bag seed. Go figure 🤷‍♂️ . I say its usually worth a try.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Getting males in feminized seed is extremely rare, but it has happened.

What you're likely to get is females with a tendency to hermie. If the pics on your other thread are of the plants in question, I didn't see any hermie flowers or 'nanners on it. Keep looking, though, because 'nanners tend to pop out during a plant's senior weeks.

I wouldn't mess with bag seed, for this reason. Bagseed is for practice for new growers or if you don't have anything else and don't have the money to get seeds from a reputable breeder.

Vintaw

Vintaw

IMG 20210729 104510
IMG 20210729 104335 HDR
IMG 20210729 104424
IMG 20210729 104416

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Your plants look good. Obviously you have a good sized grow with multiple plants so in my opinion it doesn't really hurt to try to pop some bag-seed in the mix to see what happens. The guys on here are correct in that bag-seed is not "ideal" and if you have access to better stabilized genetics then those are usually better. However your not betting the whole farm on a few measly bag-seeds you have many plants and strains so I don't see the harm in trying to pop something new in the mix. Also your not using these genetics for breeding so once again why the hell does it matter? If they come out looking like shit or start to herm then just chop them down who cares? Call me crazy but Im way more down to experiment than other guys on here, everyone instantly likes to talk shit on bagseed but some of the most beautiful and trichome ladened plants I have ever grown came from bag-seed.

NairnM16

NairnM16

Bag seeds are the best for testing new methods, like supercrop lst scrog anything so you learn how the plant grows without ruining any high grade fem seeds, I popped a few bad seed to work on root training in coco nd to force some high stress training without care of hurting the plant

Top Bottom