So Many Buds! Magic melon

• Thread starter Playerfun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Playerfun

Playerfun

So this was my first grow and I did it for personal use. It’s legal where I live to have up to 6 plants but I’m glad I only grew one. It’s a lot of work! My friend grew more than one and he had small harvests. After taking the advice on here I grew a monster! I am working to harvest, trim and dry but there is so much! This strain smells so sweet like candy in the curing jar and the yields are huge. How long does it keep because I won’t be able to smoke this in 6 years? I’m going to have to gift it! lol I mean I’ve always been a chic with a green thumb but damn! Lol If you want to grow a large amount this strain will do ya!

So many buds magic melon
TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

She looks great! Did you harvest by trichomes or by touch? You prob could of Left her for another week or so. I see some white hairs still but other than that she looks great

Good job o

Playerfun

Playerfun

I used a microscope! Lol I looked for about 20 percent amber on the ones I cut. This one was broken off by a bizarre windy night we had last weekend. There is still a bunch of branches to harvest. I had all different rates of ripening. I had some I harvested before the microscope that were mostly orange when I got them off and once I cured them and smoked it I had serious couch lock. Lol for some reason my plant matured at the base instead of the top first. Might have been the angle of the light. What should they feel like if you were going by touch. These things are literally like sugar donuts this week!

Playerfun

Playerfun

Have any pics of the plant before harvest?
As a newbie I wasn’t expecting limbs full of buds or a plant this big. I had no idea what I was doing. It started yellowing at the end and losing leaves but my friend said it was normal. The buds are fine. It was a great experiment but the process is a lot of work. Much easier to go to the dispensary lol. I bought it at the dispensary when it was just a baby with two fan leaves. $20. Planter in coco loco. The trimming is exhausting.

mancorn

mancorn

As a newbie I wasn’t expecting limbs full of buds or a plant this big. I had no idea what I was doing. It started yellowing at the end and losing leaves but my friend said it was normal. The buds are fine. It was a great experiment but the process is a lot of work. Much easier to go to the dispensary lol. I bought it at the dispensary when it was just a baby with two fan leaves. $20. Planter in coco loco. The trimming is exhausting.

Cool, thanks Playerfun, grew a few MM myself and interested in seeing other grows. Yours look very similar. I bought a clone back in Feb., made 20 clones from it (but gave away most of them and only keep 3). Mine had a fair amount of yellow leaves during the entire grow (even when the rest of the plant was green), but it was so bushy it wasn’t a problem.

Mom back in July. I stupidity planted the mother, which ended up a huge bushy POS (and I only harvested the top colas and chucked the rest in early October).
50A2BD79 94F8 4434 867E DF28BE461164

A clone back the first of September.
50307196 9A3E 4B44 819A CB62CD9156E8

And then about 2 weeks ago before harvest.
8BB88E98 FA6B 4A79 B2FF 9A7F94860D55

As you mention, has a really great smell after curing. If you like a Sativa buzz it’s nice and active. (Especially now that we all have to smoke a full joint, I’ve enjoyed nursing my MM doobies.) But it is a slow trim, lots of leaves.

Playerfun

Playerfun

Mine wasn’t too yellow until the end. You are right it’s bushy and leafy and I feel like I’m never going to get the entire harvest done. It’s a lot harder to trim the sideways branches rather than the ones that grew straight up. I used tiger bloom but stopped feeding a few weeks before harvesting the first ripe buds. Enjoy! It’s a great strain.

Top Bottom