So my electricity is out

• Thread starter MasterDsKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

It’s been out for 4 hours is this okay it’s in flower and has been off for 16 hours now

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It’s been out for 4 hours is this okay it’s in flower and has been off for 16 hours now
At 4 weeks of flowering I went down to check my plants and the lights were off due to my ballast failing by the time I got the lights back up and running they were out for 30 hrs. It's now a little over a week since then and alls good, although the time my lights come on and go off has screwed me up a bit and thrown my routine off. I don't think it hurt them at all.

Ace9137

Ace9137

I would worry more if it were mother plants or plants in veg. Just do not make sure this doesn't happen often.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I used to live out in the country and would sometimes lose it for up to 24 hrs plus. I would just turn on a battery powered lantern to keep the cycle the same. 4-6hrs doesnt matter.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The lights going out for a few hours won't cause any issues. If you are in vegetative mode and the lights go out for a few days, it could trigger flowering, but it won't hurt the plant if it is already flowering. If you have extra dark photoperiods, the plant might stretch a little, especially if in veg mode, but if it is only for a day or less, I don't think you will have any problems.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
You are safe, up to 4 days then issues start. Biggest would be air circulation and mold issues so open tent and allow natural convection . And close up at 12 hr Mark. Otherwise it would be fine. Don’t feed or water as they won’t uptake anything lights out

Latest posts

Top Bottom