So Strains Take A Little Longer In Uc?

• Thread starter RoeBuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I'm curious to know if that's been anyone has observed that strains take a week to 10 days longer in UC than advertised. I know seed banks always underestimate their grow times a bit but after growing about 10 strains I've not had one finish even close to what is claimed. I've also considered that it could be my lighting. I'm running 1,770 watts of LEDs overhead and 432 watts of T5HO sidelights. My yields have been consistently improving as I've learned these systems and the quality is top shelf, they just take a bit longer.

U

UrsaMajor

Just because their feeding schedule only goes to 9 weeks doesn't mean you should expect every plant to take 9 weeks.

snoopytime

snoopytime

Lengthen the dark time . . do 11 hours lights on .. save lil electric too. The more dark time they get (total) the more they build up a chemical that finishes their life ;)

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

Just because their feeding schedule only goes to 9 weeks doesn't mean you should expect every plant to take 9 weeks.

I don't expect them all to take the same amount of time. Even different phenos of the same strain can require more or less time. My point was that I'm seeing this consistently over multiple grows with multiple strains.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

Lengthen the dark time . . do 11 hours lights on .. save lil electric too. The more dark time they get (total) the more they build up a chemical that finishes their life ;)

That would seem to make sense. Perhaps dropping the time back the last week or two to coincide with dropping the air and water temps? It's really not a big deal but that extra week can add up to an extra grow over time.

C

CreamCorn

I would like that's more on the leds and not on the uc

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

Can you expand of that thought? Given that these LEDs, Kind XL1000s with T5HO sidelights, are providing a broader light spectrum than HIDs, I would think the opposite effect would be more likely. If they weren't providing IR and UV that might be the case, but these lights do provide both.

C

CreamCorn

Don't know why or the science but experienced the same thing. I just don't think the intensity compares. I had three kind xl1000's and didn't care for them. I personally don't think they compare to hid. I use raptors 8" hood with 2 600w bulbs one is a hortilux has and the other is a 600 mh can't think of the brand. I also find room temp plays a roll.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I love these Kinds so much I'm replacing the T5XHOs I was using on my second system with two more XL1000s. I also sidelight, so that could be the difference. One system is using 432 watts of T5HOs for side lighting and other will be using 864 watts of strip LEDs. If I like those I will buy more to replace the T5HOs. So far, about 8 grows, I'm averaging about 7 oz. per plant with the high being 15 oz. I don't think I could get much more from HIDs and I don't have to deal with the heat, higher electric costs or cost of replacement bulbs. It's a very controlled environment with temps and humidity spot on.

Top Bottom