so, uh..... WTF is going?

• Thread starter Greyskull
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greyskull

Greyskull

so, uh..... WTF is going on here?

aloha
i am baby sitting a friend's plants for a week. they are in coco, already established plants. All i need to do really is feed them every couple of days and give them good light. EASY.

well... i was rotating them this afternoon (so all the sides get equally sufficient light) when I see, on the Dabney Blueberry, mushrooms? growing out of the coco? :flower

huh? what?

anyone ever seen this before?

strange.... i wonder... can i eat the mushrooms ha ha ha

seriously, anyone with experience or opinions please feel free to let them out.

mahalo!

Dabnet shroomjpg
Dabney schroom2jpg
D

Dagga

That is pretty cool............. Its prob. from some spores that may have been in the coir. the humidity/moisture and temps must have just been perfect for those spores.
pluck em and keep on truckin

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow, that's a new one to me indoors. They're pretty well developed too. If only they were cubensis. :D

Dagga's right on the money, perfect conditions.

Greyskull

Greyskull

coolness
i'll dig them out a little later and trash 'em

thanks for the heads up fells!

aloha

B

boxmunch9

i've seen it in skunk mag, its from the medium being too wet, and the coco wasnt properly sterlized

og dmc

og dmc

I like the way those plants are pruned, I have had that before, wierd thing is they looked exactly like those. Must be coco from the same region.

Greyskull

Greyskull

i've seen it in skunk mag, its from the medium being too wet, and the coco wasnt properly sterlized

the coco is either bcuzz or canna... and i am more likely to believe its canna coco... isn't that stuff pretreated? the plants have been in those pots/that coco for over 6 months.... but i wonder if the 1.5tr old bottle of sensisym he brought over and asked me to add to his plants' rez maybe activated something in the enzyme????

I like the way those plants are pruned, I have had that before, wierd thing is they looked exactly like those. Must be coco from the same region.

he's been growing them under t5s, and hes been getting goot new growth at the tops. but the inside new growth - in the places where the t-5s don't penetrate down to - was all yellow and dead and sorry looking. LOTS OF YELLOW AND BROWN ick. it was really bad thats why she got buzzed good ha ha

P

Planit Growit

the coco is either bcuzz or canna... and i am more likely to believe its canna coco... isn't that stuff pretreated? the plants have been in those pots/that coco for over 6 months.... but i wonder if the 1.5tr old bottle of sensisym he brought over and asked me to add to his plants' rez maybe activated something in the enzyme????

Hey man it looks like in the first picture there is a bag of bcuzz coco sitting behind the plant and that might have been added or something, if that was the case maybe just to be safe you might wanna hold that bag suspect:bandit but i dont know.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I've seen those yellow mushrooms before in this soil mix that my friend made...just some spores from the medium that didn't get sterilized. I just dug them up and sprayed with some Neem oil, never came back.

bodhi seeds

bodhi seeds

i used to get those when i would inoculate with roots organics myco powder, they can be very beneficial to your medium, and can attract good knomes.

J

joebean91

Whoa , I had the same thing happen to me in an old veg room . They looked very similar to yours but a little different , mine were a freakishly bright fluorescent yellow .

Greyskull

Greyskull

aloha everyone
the schrooms are dead... well they have been dead for a couple days now.
had to tell my friend "i dont know what you put in your plants dude but your dabney went fungicidal for a day or 2"

mace

mace

Would be a good idea to cover the tops of your pots with something light proof. It will stop the growth of a lot of these unwanted species.

Latest posts

Top Bottom