So You Think You Want To Move To Alaska?

• Thread starter ArcticOrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregonak

Oregonak

Every time I tell my dad how much I miss the winters be tells me it's a sign of a sick mind! Arcticorange you said it with "whistles". Have you ever come across a local cut by the name of "the tange"? Used to get it when i was a teenager paying 50 bucks an eighth. Apparently some folks down here were gifted a cut that made it into a few commercial breeding programs. I can personally attest to what's going around down here being a watered down version. Best blueberry I've ever had to this day was found in the goldstream valley. Reading all these posts really makes me home sick.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Every time I tell my dad how much I miss the winters be tells me it's a sign of a sick mind! Arcticorange you said it with "whistles". Have you ever come across a local cut by the name of "the tange"? Used to get it when i was a teenager paying 50 bucks an eighth. Apparently some folks down here were gifted a cut that made it into a few commercial breeding programs. I can personally attest to what's going around down here being a watered down version. Best blueberry I've ever had to this day was found in the goldstream valley. Reading all these posts really makes me home sick.

Lol in my mind valley blueberry is the only blueberry dude, probably the same old lady still growing it out lol

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Modern tange comes from the 90s cross of tangerine dream if im not mistaken, ive had the local tange for years not sure how it compares to what people in the states are calling tange but ive definitely had that one come through.

Oregonak

Oregonak

Modern tange comes from the 90s cross of tangerine dream if im not mistaken, ive had the local tange for years not sure how it compares to what people in the states are calling tange but ive definitely had that one come through.

Morning. Or evening. Search tange strain info seedfinder. Not what I was looking for but provides a little Info in regards. We grow portlands version of alaska thunder **** down here but its a different animal. A local up there supposedly gifted the tange to a breeder friend down here who has since distributed seeds. Cant seem to find it. Need sleep! Will try to track them down and repost. Once i learned she'd migrated I started what has so far been a fruitless hunt.

Have you ever been down to chitna? Used to get a subsistence permit and harvest 75 reds and five Kings in a weekend, take them home for process, then go back and do it again. Got a kick tying off and scaling those cliffs.

It's said you have to do three things to be an Alaskan. One is you have to swim in the Yukon river. Or piss in the Yukon river, cant remember which. Two is you have to make sweet loving(****) an eskimo. Three is you have to shoot a grizzly bear. Unfortunately I'm not a true Alaskan, grizzly bear never did anything to me.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I was wondering if any of your Northern guyz have ever come across the strain called " The Taint" not to be confused with the "Tange" ....... LMAO .......I couldnt resist. Sorry. But ole Cactus loves him a good clean taint........

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Ok... I'm gonna make a confession. Everyone read up before I decide to delete it!

I ADORE the Alaska homesteading programs, especially Alaska: The Last Frontier. I also like Building Alaska, except some of the guys out there building seem kinda like jamokes who don't really know how to build in the first place. I also really like Life Below Zero, especially when they feature Agnes Hailstone, I love that woman and how she teaches her children so well.

I would dearly love to visit the state where my husband's people hail from. I know he spent a little bit of time up there, but hasn't been again. It would be, by far, the furthest north I've ever been. So far the furthest north I've been is... Ok, it's either DC or Seattle. I don't know which is further north.

Youre always welcome sea! We could always use more farmers in AK!

Gorilla SdBk

Gorilla SdBk

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Were you up on business or pleasure? Lol or do you also live up here?
Went up there for a minute in Feb in that little warm time you all saw. To go see the elders ( northern lights). Saw them one night, and nearly got killed by moose 3 times. :0P

Interior is getting colder rather than warmer right now. Throwing me off with spring days away. -17 today at 9 am when the " expected low " was -1 :: scratches head:: Glad to be someplace a little warmer right now :0D

-Gavin

Gorilla SdBk

Gorilla SdBk

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
so ahh ALaska, We doing anything tomorrow ? 4-20-16 ?

-Gavin

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

There are natural outdoor ruderalis grows every summer in alaska arent there?

My girlfriend is from a village of about 300 people which is actually quite a big Village. But in the summertime it gets close to a hundred degrees and some remote homesteads will grow outdoors however if Word of Mouth gets spread enough the military will bring land Blackhawks. On the homestead. I personally know of one occasion when this happened however they were too late and recovered nothing from the raid. Kinda funny when they try to justify the cost of fuel to land the choppers.

Top Bottom