So You Think You Want To Move To Alaska?

• Thread starter ArcticOrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lostnNorcal

lostnNorcal

Hey guys, Cali is getting old and I'm looking for a new adventure. I have been researching Alaska particularly in the anchorage area. What's it like, do you all have dispensceries up there? Growing has been my second job and moving there don't hinge on it but wondering if growing indoor up there is even worth it. What areas in Alaska gives you the best value for housing and still close enough to towns for work.
Any info would be helpful, the idea of moving 3000 miles north is scary but the long Cali Summer's of no weather and getting a light dusting of snow once a winter has gotten boring.

AlaskanGrown

AlaskanGrown

Stores have not opened yet. Cultivation has not started, officially.
Anchorage sucks.
You need a worker's card.
Everything is expensive, everywhere.
Can you drive in the snow?

Dunge

Dunge

The technocrats have done the best they can of mashing up laws from other states.
So we have ALL the law yet contrived and none of the freedom.

Year and a half from legalization and we have NOTHING to show for it.

lostnNorcal

lostnNorcal

What do you mean by a workers card?
Yeah I can drive in the snow, lived in 5,000 ft elevation at our last place and got multiple foot of snow snow storms. My girlfriend lived in Minot North Dakota and use to temps getting down to -40 + in winter.
Right now we pay $1300 a month for a old (built in 1880) house in half an acre.
How about wasila or fair banks?

Dunge

Dunge

If you got skills and spirit, welcome to Alaska.
Prices are high on everything, so plan accordingly.
My understanding is that the state wants to license all hands that contact THC product.
Like I said, I don't see anything in Fairbanks. They are just getting started issuing grow licenses, and all I hear of is paper work and delays. Don't know how many grow licenses have been issued, but I'd bet not many.

lostnNorcal

lostnNorcal

Appricate the info. My intentions to move up there isn't cannabis related, I've been growing for the last 7 years down here for friends, family and clubs. I'm just addicted to growing don't even smoke at all anymore but my girlfriend needs it.
Do you here in the news of them busting small grows under 99 plants. Seems to be the magic number out here.
I'm still in the research phase and plan to move maybe March of next year. We moved from Florida to California 8 years ago. Time for a change. My Norwegian genes are calling me northward.

AlaskanGrown

AlaskanGrown

Anyone working in the industry will need to be finger printed and obtain a marijuana workers card. If you have a criminal record, forget it.
Adults are allowed 6 plants, three that are flowering for home use. All for personal use. You can not arrive here and get a cultivation permit, because you are not an Alaskan. So 99 plants makes you a felon.

You can check all applications for any type of license in the system at the control boards web site. Frbx is currently the epicenter, so Dunge doesn't know anything about what is going on license wise.

Wasilla is hill billies and white trash and the meth capital, also they are banning everything there, or trying to make it difficult. 1300 may get you a small apartment, no utilities.

best have a good plan.

lostnNorcal

lostnNorcal

When you say 6 plants, is that per adult with rec, or is that per household? If me and my girl have recs are we allowed 6 each?
I appricate the heads up on wasila, the town we live in now looks picture perfect but has a big meth problem. I'm looking for a good family place.
I have no criminal history and am fine with a small grow if that's how it has to be.
I've been looking on Craigslist at housing and found nice little places on the 1300-1500 range on an acre+-.....but it's hard to tell much from a few pics.

AlaskanGrown

AlaskanGrown

You don't need a rec license. 6 plants per adult, 2 adults = 12.

12 plants, six can be in flower.

Who is going to creep around checking plant counts in private homes is a mystery, what cops have the time to do that??? None would be the answer. However, if your neighbor calls the cops because it smells to "high heaven" around your place, that could become an issue if you are over the limit.

Frbx will be good for summer outside grows, all that sun. However, you will need to come inside for the winter. The Panhandle is different, due to a rainforest, everything will be all inside year round. And the weather is milder, 50's in winter! Frbx is Minot weather, been there.

Alaska is wonderful, you will love it here.

Top Bottom