So, you're new here, eh? Here's some stuff you may find handy...

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Anarchy09

So you're new here and you're not sure where to begin? Begin at the beginning. Our illustrious site administrator, logic, has put together some grow FAQs as well as a grower's dictionary for your education and enjoyment.

Just follow the links and read, and most important of all...

Enjoy!

THCFarmer Grow FAQs.

The THCFarmer's Growers Dictionary.
Thank you. The dictionary just explained terms and the FAQ was no help. Thanks anyway

sandmanslim89

sandmanslim89

Hola everyone, excited to be a new memeber, and a new grower. Even more excited to learn from some other people. Got nothing against step by step guides or tutorials, but there are little things that only, at least in my opinion of course, can come from the dialog between two practitioners of a shared artform. An holy smokes do i need to learn lol.

I

ILgrower

Hello all. I have previously posted to other parts of the forum, but have not introduced myself here. I'm a semi new member to the forum, and have been farming for about 3 years now. I do pretty good myself, I'm mostly self taught. I'm disabled and feeling my age (and in many ways feeling much older), so farming has given me great enjoyment as well as helping to relieve pain and stress in my life. I welcome your advice, and thank you
ty, you will find more as you grow as I did but got my standards of harvest, but stick to your own

420giirl

420giirl

Hey y’all, I came to find out what I’m doing wrong when it comes to drying and curing? I’ve tried 5+ times now and to no avail! Until my latest harvest of banana runtz and unicorn poop. I thought I over dried once again bc it’s day 4 the branch bent not snap but bent real nicely. So I hustled my bustle and bucked the buds into mason jars with a mini hydrometer and said a lil prayer to all the grow gods and fairy’s that the RH rises in the next 24-48 hours. The RH was in the low 50’s and smells soo good! This was on Sunday 3days ago and we are now 62%, one jar read 65% rh. I wasn’t sure what to do, if I should continue to burp or what. So I did some research and I’m going to burp ever so slightly, like open shuffle around so the buds aren’t sticking together and closer back up. I did add boveda 62% 2-way packets to the jars today. I also put all the jars into a tote plastic bin to try and keep as much moisture as possible and it seems to be working as well as containing that strong beautiful aroma! I am super excited I was able to start the curing process for the first time after 2 1/2 years of growing back to back. All I had to do was trust the process, go figure lol
What do y’all do to dry and cure at home? And tips and tricks y’all can share is greatly appreciated! It’s like I can grow my plants like nothing but when it came to curing I ruined it all and was about to quit but I love everything about growing so much.
IMG 5424
IMG 5338
IMG 5422

Tinmanfromoz

Tinmanfromoz

need some help as I am NOT able to see any pictures posted on this site....

Tinmanfromoz

Tinmanfromoz

need some help, i am not able to se any posted pictures on this site

Tinmanfromoz

Tinmanfromoz

HI- I NEED HELP, I AM NOT ABLE TO SEE ANY PICTURES POSTED ON THIS SITE. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE DEAL IS....

coolslayer

coolslayer

Just got my original login info back...."coolslayer13" will be on hiatus for some time....

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What do y’all do to dry and cure at home?
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's best to start a new thread. You'll get more replies that way. Anyway, here's how we're drying and curing these days.

We wet trim and use a drying tent with fans and drying racks inside. There's an exhaust fan port at the top. The tent has hygrometers on the side and at the exhaust port. When the tent humidity stabilizes, we move the buds to 16-ounce Grove bags. The bags are stored in a dark cabinet. They stay in the bags in the dark for at least a month and usually longer. When we think they're ready, we move them to wide-mouth amber Mason jars for long-term storage. I put Boveda packs in each jar along with a little hygrometer.

I'm currently working on a project to cut holes in Mason jar lids so I can glue the hygrometers to the lids. That should make it easier to see the hygrometer reading. We try to keep it close to 60%. I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver a hole cutter and some food grade silicon glue so I can finish the project.

I

ILgrower

I was on here once before, I was in tangles with these people, you, you need this & that, GO BY YOUR GUT INSTINCTS! I went out & bought this & that, and they were all useless like t**s on a boar, they said for a 4 x 4 tent you need an 800-watt light, preferably SpiderFarmer, in reality, I bought 2 2 x 4 grow lights for the 4 x 4 paid 200 bucks for the 2, I went bought an FCE - 4000 Mars Hydro light, TBH, the 2 blurples whipped the Mars Hydro out of the water, YOU HAVE TO GO BY YOUR INSTINCTS, you need this fertilizer that costs over 50 bucks and you need this & that range up to over 400 dollars, you don't need all that, I grew some of the best herb money can buy, I learned from 2 great growers I known personally for over 25 years taught me well, didn't cost me anything like they said they say if you're not lying post them I DID AND THEY ALL STFU, which they should have in the first place

Almostthere

Almostthere

60 degrees 60% humidity 2-3 weeks hanging. Take big leafs off hang with smaller leafs on. Dry trim is always better. No light in room. Fan blowing air around lightly. After that no matter what you put it in jar, tote, bag... it needs to b in a place where it is still 60ish humidity. If not eventually it will dry out. Boveda packs are helpful... thats my take. Ill some times hang mine for 6-7 weeks. I have a room for it though. When you hang it for long periods in 60 and 60 it is always curing...

coolslayer

coolslayer

I was on here once before, I was in tangles with these people, you, you need this & that, GO BY YOUR GUT INSTINCTS! I went out & bought this & that, and they were all useless like t**s on a boar, they said for a 4 x 4 tent you need an 800-watt light, preferably SpiderFarmer, in reality, I bought 2 2 x 4 grow lights for the 4 x 4 paid 200 bucks for the 2, I went bought an FCE - 4000 Mars Hydro light, TBH, the 2 blurples whipped the Mars Hydro out of the water, YOU HAVE TO GO BY YOUR INSTINCTS, you need this fertilizer that costs over 50 bucks and you need this & that range up to over 400 dollars, you don't need all that, I grew some of the best herb money can buy, I learned from 2 great growers I known personally for over 25 years taught me well, didn't cost me anything like they said they say if you're not lying post them I DID AND THEY ALL STFU, which they should have in the first place
It's not like that on the Farm now......trust me, I have been here about 14 years.

Top Bottom