So, you're new here, eh? Here's some stuff you may find handy...

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hrm... Just posted to logic's thread, because I could have sworn the link was up top there.

420Florida

420Florida

Hello Fellow Farmers! New to the site, but not to growing. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. Also I'm looking for a new strain to toy around with, any suggestions welcome.

bigjay420

bigjay420

@Seamaiden I LOVE this thread. As someone who used this site exclusively to learn EVERYTHING I KNOW, I know first hand what its like to dig through 20 threads to find 100 different answers. Its frustrating and dizzying. And I'm no saint... I did the same thing. I look back and feel bad for how I pestered members for answers that were CLEARLY already covered before I ever thought about coming here. I even got told off a couple times (privately). It all could have been avoided if I'd bothered reading terms of use and THIS thread. It took a bit of time to realize there are actual people with crops depending on them on the other end of the computer. They (we) don't have time to hold the hands of every new farmer that comes along. Use the search box. You're more likely to retain the info if you earn it. This thread might help folks realize that a lot sooner than I did. In short... Thanks for doing your thing and keeping us on point. The farm is he best!

PS- Asking for beans is just bad form. If somebody wants you to test their gear, they'll approach you PRIVATELY. I promise.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I want to attend the discussion but I did not know how start. Help me anyone to start discussion in the forum and tell the rule of this forum.
Hi smoky. It sounds like you're still learning your way around forums and such.

Let's say you want to start a discussion, or here it's called a thread, about some sick plants. You would go into the 'Cannabis Infirmary' and find the button that says "Post a New Thread." Click it, then fill out your thread title (titles that simply say "Help" aren't very helpful for those who will try to help), fill out the dialog box where the body of your thread discussion will go, and then click "Post."

Doe that help?

M

Mainely High

I just found some Mites. I am in my third week of bloom. And on top of it they are Russet mites? I guess they are hardy. Any Ideas?
It's too late for that run, because it's now 2015 and you're on your next run probably. For the future, work, work, work. That's the solution. Vacuum your leaves and soil every 2 days, without exception. Try Neem Oil, a natural pesticide, available at supply stores. Use as directed to on bottle, a small container goes a long way. Emulsion is required, dawn dish soap can be used, but that's not organic. Lemon juice or citrus juice can work to emulsify, pH check before applying. A 2.5 gallon sprayer, not some quart sized sprayer, and spray like hell, WITH LIGHTS OFF, (an hour before lights on will do). Frequency required, every four days to six. I've never needed more than a few applications at that rate. Soil spray them too, if your method necessitates. It is systemic, so it will enter your plant and remain. I have read as long as a five week residual, so mid term on a typical plant in budding, and it should be good. I've tried other things, a lot, nothing works as well as a vacuum and Neem oil, nor will anything work as fast. Watch your plants closer, look for their dots remaining on leaves as a first indication, and don't stress your plants with a lack of ferts or water. Isolation of cuttings from outdoors is key, and equally important are ANY clones from friends. I vacuum, spray, isolate, and watch... and then repeat. Be relentless, be a madman, go ahead, no ones watching... and in the end stand proud by your girls, knowing no one else could love them like you... then enjoy the fruits of your labor.

tippmans

tippmans

hey does any one know if i could make wax with a co2 paintball tank, with a bho extractor
I just found some Mites. I am in my third week of bloom. And on top of it they are Russet mites? I guess they are hardy. Any Ideas?
use liquid ladybug, it is what i use. non-toxic and you can use it at any stage of the plant life

Last edited:
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
hey does any one know if i could make wax with a co2 paintball tank, with a bho extractor

use liquid ladybug, it is what i use. non-toxic and you can use it at any stage of the plant

No, CO2 is used under pressures exceeding 2000psi , IE Super Critical extractions... Its not something anyone can do at home, you need very expensive equipment to pull it off safely.

tippmans

tippmans

No, CO2 is used under pressures exceeding 2000psi , IE Super Critical extractions... Its not something anyone can do at home, you need very expensive equipment to pull it off safely.
there was a vidio that said if you extracted under 2000 psi that the wax is gooier

M

Mainely High

use liquid ladybug, it is what i use. non-toxic and you can use it at any stage of the plant life
Liquid Ladybug works, on a small scale and is more costly than a vacuum and Neem. Advantage given to Liquid ladybug is that it can be used with lights on and longer throughout your cycles. Nothing is as effective safely to eliminate bugs as Neem, but it requires a long flush.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's not true. I use isopropyl alcohol and JMS Stylets oil to good control, and while the JMS presents the same issues with leaving residue as neem, the alcohol does not. Applied every three days. I normally use a 1:1 ratio, but I've read of others who use a lot less with good results. The ISO leaves zero residue.

weedKilla26

weedKilla26

Hello everybody. Been reading this forum for years and has helped a lot in the past so I started an account so I can really dig threw ya'lls brain and know as much as I can but learning is never complete;) so insted of me asking queations. Yall shoot me some and we will go from there lol have 3 grows under my belt but wasnt what i expexted:mad: so ...........GO.......FIRE AWAY:)

Luna Love

Luna Love

Hi guys,

I am new to the forums been growing for 15 years now. I am been a lurker for a while and just now started posting. I got a lot of good info here and am appreciative for every new piece of knowledge i get. I am a growing wax puffing fiend :)

T

TeterPosh

The FAQ link has never worked for me in the last several weeks of lurking and participating. I noticed an earlier post in this thread saying the same thing and wanted to let you know there is still an issue.

I looked around and didn't see any comment or post saying that it had been removed or replaced, but maybe I missed something.

Hope this helps. Is it just me?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, I don't think so. Now I can't find the link. We need to let our site admin know, thank you.

Top Bottom