So, you're new here, eh? Here's some stuff you may find handy...

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
queezap

queezap

So you're new here and you're not sure where to begin? Begin at the beginning. Our illustrious site administrator, logic, has put together some grow FAQs as well as a grower's dictionary for your education and enjoyment.

Just follow the links and read, and most important of all...

Enjoy!

THCFarmer Grow FAQs.

The THCFarmer's Growers Dictionary.
I can't access the FAQ it just says error every time I try. I have tried from all 3 pc's in my house to make sure it's not me.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yer welcome :D And welcome to the farm!!! :D

J

Jersey Fresh

Hi, I just found this site and I am excited to learn as much as possible about my new "hobby". I've completed two grows with decent results. It seemed easy until I started reading some articles and books to up my game! I looked at a couple of forums and I impressed at what a helpful bunch you guys are. It's nice to have an outlet to talk to others since I otherwise have to work in secrecy.

Grey Bear

Grey Bear

Hello,
Grey Bear here.
I grow hydroponically indoors.
I do fairly well, but am always game to learn more.
Grow a lot of autoflowers as they suit my irregular habits.

J

Jersey Fresh

Hello,
Grey Bear here.
I grow hydroponically indoors.
I do fairly well, but am always game to learn more.
Grow a lot of autoflowers as they suit my irregular habits.
I'm more familiar with soil so that's what I'm starting with. I still have more to learn with lighting, nutrients, humidity, temperatures and ventilation first. I also need to start cloning. These seeds are expensive! I have a small closet indoors where I'm growing, but in the summer I have a balcony that I can also use. I've grown some autos but they weren't very impressive. It is hard to find good grow info on them.

Grey Bear

Grey Bear

Hey Jersey!
I think ventilation is one of the trickiest things for many hobby growers to get dialed in. Fortunately, as long as extremes are avoided it is fairly forgiving.
Taking cuttings is easy, once you get over the nervousness, it won't be any big deal.
Autos have come a long way, there are large yielding strains out there.
I have a documented grow of an autoflower, "Tha Shiznit" from seed to chop 99days yielded 520g dry.
Wish I could grow outdoors, but my veggies get pinched as it is. I doubt cannabis would even make it through flower before being snatched.

J

Jersey Fresh

Hey Jersey!
I think ventilation is one of the trickiest things for many hobby growers to get dialed in. Fortunately, as long as extremes are avoided it is fairly forgiving.
Taking cuttings is easy, once you get over the nervousness, it won't be any big deal.
Autos have come a long way, there are large yielding strains out there.
I have a documented grow of an autoflower, "Tha Shiznit" from seed to chop 99days yielded 520g dry.
Wish I could grow outdoors, but my veggies get pinched as it is. I doubt cannabis would even make it through flower before being snatched.
The balcony keeps the plants safe from small animals and teenagers alike. Extreme weather is the the biggest worry. Most of the autos I grew had loose flowers along the stem.
As for ventilation in the closet I have a small fan, and I can keep the closet door partly open. When it starts to get stinky I use a lot of air fresheners. The plug-ins with two different scents work very well. I just put in a new LED light and had to raise it much higher than the previous one. The winter sir is so dry I also had to buy a humidifier. I also tried to use smaller pots with my current grow and it was a mistake. A bigger pot buffers the roots much more against wet/dry extremes as well as temperature buffer. At some point I will probably need to get a tent and worry more about ventilation. All of your advice is greatly appreciated. I know I did not choose best auto varieties too.

potheadpoker

potheadpoker

So you're new here and you're not sure where to begin? Begin at the beginning. Our illustrious site administrator, logic, has put together some grow FAQs as well as a grower's dictionary for your education and enjoyment.

Just follow the links and read, and most important of all...

Enjoy!

THCFarmer Grow FAQs.

The THCFarmer's Growers Dictionary.

I use molds and special bacteria to grow fat stocks produce. it grows better plant and bud the high 6 to 8 hrs/ hard to come by

S

Scaldutchman

hey how you doing, new here, just trying to get familiar with everything here. any suggestions?? I'm very interested in the breeding aspect of this page and speaking with other breeders. thanks for any suggestions. scaldutchman

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Hi everyone! New member from Leadville, Colorado. Just bought some Divine, Alien Genetics and Aligee gear and trying to figure out the bitcoin thing so I can get them on their way to the High Country!

organix4207

organix4207

Hello from ontario Canada
Ive grown for the past 20 years. Recently delving into the wonderful world of living soil mixs for container growing.
Looking forward to learning all I can from this great community.
Cheers

Top Bottom