So, you're new here, eh? Here's some stuff you may find handy...

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
413Grower

413Grower

Hi, I recently joined this forum. I have 6 degrees (4 in hard sciences including biochemistry and botany, 2 in theology), so they helped me a lot when I grew for 3 decades. (I haven't grown for ten years, since I lost my farm in a divorce, because growing in a rental property is reckless). I'm a disabled veteran now, on 13 prescriptions, and when I smoke where legal (like in Jamaica), I have proven that I can eliminate all of those drugs except for heart medicine and Dilaudid -- which I was able to reduce the dosage by 2/3rds.

It helps with pain, my Crohn's disease, and epilepsy, and both my social anxiety and PTSD melted away completely. I felt halfway normal again.

While Missouri recently decriminalized 7 grams or less ($1,000 fine, no jail), the state increased all of the sentencing guidelines for all felonies significantly. An ounce or more is ten years and a $5,00o fine, and until recently, Missouri held one man for life without parole for three successive possession felonies. The Legislature passed a bill to release this man last year.

Activity here in Northwest Missouri is crazy. Last week, a federal task force made multiple arrests, but none of those arrested possessed more than 5 grams! This County of only 25,000 apparently receives federal money for each drug conviction. In 2010, I myself was arrested for possessing meth, which I have never touched in my life. A man spread some lines on a table during a party, and a corrupt informant swore that I did a line. I spent 32 days in jail, paid a $5,000 fine, and walked three years of probation for a crime that I did not commit. I did so because it was an SIS, and even though my lawyer said that I could beat the charge (the police never once Mirandized me), I could not afford a $50,000 bond, and new trial dates were six months down the road. I would have lost everything sitting in a cell (at $38/day) for six months. It is now off of my record, and the informant died two years ago from alcohol poisoning.

I chose Thai as my moniker, because I was stationed there for two years (and twice in Germany for six years). I love Thailand, and because that country's cost of living is dirt cheap, along with world class medical facilities at a tenth of the cost here in the United States, I am saving up money to move there permanently.

Although I've studied genetics extensively, I have never bred cannabis, and that is of great interest to me.

I also agree with the many comments about desirable phenotypes being lost through sloppy breeding. I sold Thai stick for over a decade in the '80s, and today's strains lack the psychoactivity of older strains. Youngsters don't know what they are missing.

Anyway, I didn't mean to make this too long. I am looking forward to the posts on breeding...
Hi Brother...Im a disabled Vet also with quite similar problems(Crohns,Rheumatoid,Anxity,Depression and Ptsd) and struggle everyday and Cannabis has really made me have a much more liveable life for sure..Im so sorry of the pain and misery you have gone through and if you ever want to talk or share tips,im here Brother.Sgt.Philip Gould 5/41 FA.13F FIST Team

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Lol...
Today was the first day ive actually seen the rules...

R

Rocky388

You're very welcome. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm updating this thread. We've had a slew of new members who appear to have either not read or forgotten entirely our Terms and Rules. I will place a link, and am quoting rule #7 because this is being violated regularly lately by new members.

My patience on this issue is wearing thin. Review the Terms & Rules here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/help/terms

The long and the short of it is this--STOP ASKING FOR CUTSowing since 1965, BEANS, ETC on the open forum! STOP OFFERING CUTS, BEANS, ETC, on the open forum!

It's not just about this being a site that sells seeds, it's also about the legal ramifications and the fact that the site admin simply does not want people using this place like it's Craigslist. Respect his rules, or find yourself banned.
Is it ok to discuss the seeds that i have ordered but not grown with other members...I'M new to this site but have beee
Str8 up...if you be disrespectful you should get disrespected!!!
AMEN BROTHER...IF YOU DIS ANOTHER MEMBER YOU ALSO DIS THE ENTIRE CANABIS CULTURE...GET HAPPY& STAY HAPPY...THAAAATS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT...GROW WELL MY FRIENDS..ROCKY388...HJD
well said middleforker. Brand new myself....welcome.....

R

Rocky388

Is it ok to discuss the seeds that i have ordered but not grown with other members...I'M new to this site but have beee

AMEN BROTHER...IF YOU DIS ANOTHER MEMBER YOU ALSO DIS THE ENTIRE CANABIS CULTURE...GET HAPPY& STAY HAPPY...THAAAATS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT...GROW WELL MY FRIENDS..ROCKY388...HJD
Good to get a friendly post from another new guy,,,Got ant FAV strains...I'm a indica dominate Hybrid fan with absolutely NO clone experience...Rocky388

R

Rocky388

Hi bro,,,
Welcome to the farm!
Thanks man...this website has a steep learning curv, but I'm getting there...I'm 70 year old been comsuming and growing since 1965..burned one with Bob Marley an his drummer at the basement bar in Ocho Rios, Jamaica back in 1969...had no idea who he was until a few years later when i saw his photo on an an album...He rolled it out of my weed and took 5 or 6 hit before he4 passed it...couldn't keep up with that...ROCKY388.

R

Rocky388

Growing:cry::mad::cool: ... in that order. Sorry, never enough time for posts, or plants, or the family, or work and life in general.... What's the light setup? Assuming you're at 1000w, in soil, you will generally get the lb to 1 1/2 per light. You can grow one beautiful girl, or the 9 you're wanting. If you take the later option, you're in for more time and headaches, but more variety. I do two max under a 1000w, but I veg til they're about 3ft, LST at that point, big bushes and less trimming in the end. It's really about the veg in your case. You can throw in 9, but you won't reach an lb without the work. You'll have more nute issues if they're different varieties too. You could start with one and go up from there every couple weeks to maintain a variety, but your area seems limited for a staggered harvest. Hope it helps.
Sounds like solid advice...I would start with white widow auto fems and mabey an indica...good luck bro rocky388

R

Rocky388

Hi everyone!
I am a newbie to forums. I read all the FAQ's and have been exploring the site. I am a disabled person who has been growing for more than 20 years. Mostly outdoors, I have been indoors for around 2 years now. I use the DWC system in 5 gallon containers with HPS and LED's. I have loved growing my own for a long time. I have been doing BHO extractions for about a year and a half. I grow and extract quality medicines for my family and friends that are sick, disabled or have cancer. I live in Florida, so there is not any quality BHO to be found! It is all black nasty stuff.
I joined this forum after a lot of research. I hope to learn from all the members and to share my knowledge.
I'm prettymuch in the same position as youbeen growing for 50 years...didn't start indoor until 4 years ago ...1st year with HPS went to 1000 LED been there ever since...Have heard a dozen ways to grow weed and my conclusion is they all work...it is a very versital plant. I'm a papers & pipe guy never branched out to wax...etc. Old dog new tricks. I'm too lazy...sharing is the w3ay to go. I consider it community service...LOL..Rocky388

R

Rocky388

всем приветы! я тут новенький....хочу жирные шишки выращивать...я из Росии)
Didn't understand but from the spelling you from western Russia home of the ruderalis auto fems...thanks for that..Rocky388.

R

Rocky388

great post! for all growers!
That will bee a hard act to follow...I have a quote of my own "IF YOU NEED HELP...I WILL HELP YOU. I WON'T HURT YOU.AND IF I TELL YOU SOMETHING IT WILL BE THE TRUTH...HJD2017

R

Rocky388

Welcome Organix! I'm fairly new as well. I was near the Kingston area for about a year (out in the woods).
WHEN YOU SAY KINGSTON ARE YOU REFERING TO THE CAPITAL OF JAMAICA...I USED TO STAY AT THE MELROSE ON TYHE WAY TO OCHO RIOS...GOT GOOD FRIENDS IN NEGRIL...HJD

R

Rocky388

I have gone there,do i type message on where it says..post thread right under introduce yourself?
I THINK YOU WRITE THE POST AND THEN POST IT...I'M NEW TOO, AND NOT THAT COMPUTER SAVEY...ROCKY388

R

Rocky388

Hello everyone,

Going to retire, and try my hand with these beautiful ladies. Wife is a med patient.
Creating new rooms both 10 X 10. What are your opinions on wall covering, shiny mylar films, ie EasyGrow, or Orca types?
Thanks,
Here's to the inevitable future!
GO ON EBAY TO SURVIVAL GEAR AND GET THE MYLAR BLANKETS THEY WRAP AROUND PEOPLE WHO ARE FREEZING TO DEATH...IT'S LIKE LINING YOUR ROOM WITH MIRRORS...THE DO REFLECT 80% OF THE HEAT BACK TO THE ROOM SO LEDS WOULD BE MY CHOICE...HJD

R

Rocky388

Hi everyone!
I am a newbie to forums. I read all the FAQ's and have been exploring the site. I am a disabled person who has been growing for more than 20 years. Mostly outdoors, I have been indoors for around 2 years now. I use the DWC system in 5 gallon containers with HPS and LED's. I have loved growing my own for a long time. I have been doing BHO extractions for about a year and a half. I grow and extract quality medicines for my family and friends that are sick, disabled or have cancer. I live in Florida, so there is not any quality BHO to be found! It is all black nasty stuff.
I joined this forum after a lot of research. I hope to learn from all the members and to share my knowledge.
You should Google "KRATOM"...an alternate pain releiver to pills...HJD

R

Rocky388

Not that I know it all, but I have grown hundreds of varieties, (literally) , both indoors and out. Use a lot of organics, soil grows only but I have some limited experience with hydro, mostly the nutrient aspect and setup. Ask away and enjoy the advice.

R

Rocky388

Are you familiar with the Hydro Greenhouses that grow in A 8 INche pipe with the plants stuck into hoes and the water flows thruogh the pipe??? Is this a good system...rocky388

Latest posts

Top Bottom