SOG and SCROG at once!

• Thread starter BKG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BKG

High there, not a new grower but it's been a while and this is my first indoor grow straight through to flower. There are two boxes and they are both 8 cubic feet I think (2x2x2)'; extremely small. Working on an interesting project, has anyone else thought of combining both the SOG and SCROG methods? Grow stout plants with as many colas as possible in 1 gallon pots - growing it is possible, however, will it generate at least decent results?

The right balance should provide something of worth! No?

growsince79

growsince79

High there, not a new grower but it's been a while and this is my first indoor grow straight through to flower. There are two boxes and they are both 8 cubic feet I think (2x2x2)'; extremely small. Working on an interesting project, has anyone else thought of combining both the SOG and SCROG methods? Grow stout plants with as many colas as possible in 1 gallon pots - growing it is possible, however, will it generate at least decent results?

The right balance should provide something of worth! No?
Need a taller space.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Aside from a 2' high space being ridiculously inadequate, SOG and SCROG are two methods to fill a canopy in a grow area. If you need to SCROG while doing a SOG, you didn't put enough plants in the SOG and you're wasting time vegging to get the plants to fill the space.

B

BKG

Need a taller space.
Noted but at this time it is simply impossible. It's already set up, i'll upload pictures of it in action. Doing fine so far, and i've already flipped two of my ladies into flower, don't mind 'mini' plants. A taller box may soon be available, so I got to use the little 2' ceiling.

B

BKG

Aside from a 2' high space being ridiculously inadequate, SOG and SCROG are two methods to fill a canopy in a grow area. If you need to SCROG while doing a SOG, you didn't put enough plants in the SOG and you're wasting time vegging to get the plants to fill the space.
I completely get that but it's all the access I currently have, so instead of saying i'm not going to try - i'm trying. So I don't want to wait on one plant to have a major harvest. The plan is many little ones (SOG) but at least topped to about 8/16 nodes, and finishing at 1.5' tall in 1 gallon pots. Say I want to plant two Tangies or Bubba Hubba, I'd have to grow one then harvest one. So, not exactly SCROG as I may not need the net, but as many small plants (right now 4 - 6 can fit comfortably) with more than one top.

growsince79

growsince79

Noted but at this time it is simply impossible. It's already set up, i'll upload pictures of it in action. Doing fine so far, and i've already flipped two of my ladies into flower, don't mind 'mini' plants. A taller box may soon be available, so I got to use the little 2' ceiling.
I like mini plants too. I flipped some at 6" and now one is 16" and filling out, the others are 28-30" and still stretching. You have 6" for the roots, 6" for the light, 6" between the light and plant. You need to use clones and flower at 2".

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I completely get that but it's all the access I currently have, so instead of saying i'm not going to try - i'm trying. So I don't want to wait on one plant to have a major harvest. The plan is many little ones (SOG) but at least topped to about 8/16 nodes, and finishing at 1.5' tall in 1 gallon pots. Say I want to plant two Tangies or Bubba Hubba, I'd have to grow one then harvest one. So, not exactly SCROG as I may not need the net, but as many small plants (right now 4 - 6 can fit comfortably) with more than one top.
Good luck.

B

BKG

I like mini plants too. I flipped some at 6" and now one is 16" and filling out, the others are 28-30" and still stretching. You have 6" for the roots, 6" for the light, 6" between the light and plant. You need to use clones and flower at 2".
Noted! the clip on 1' let cabinet lights are providing decent lighting without having to fiddle with light height, intensity and such (for now). Adding a few strips of colored LEDs like the ones you'd put behind a monitor or television. Blue for veg assist and red for flower assist, feeding them Dr. Earth once a week as well. I flipped them between 8" - 12" inches tall and they are still about a foot away from the lights, except the males - snapping photos then chopping em for oils/butters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom