sog methods

• Thread starter Greenup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenup

hello all I was trying to get an idea on how to do a sog setup with a 4x4 tent using a 1000hps. I would like to pull a pound a month if possible but I think I will need more to this setup than just one tent can anyone help me out?

Thanks all

R

ReCway

get a good SOG strain, something with Skunk and some sativa in it, make a soil bed in there out of wood and a table.. 4x4 and 16 inches deep.. if done right you should have access from all sides.., put 16 clones, 1 per sq ft, veg 10 days then flip, add CO2 and get a good foot and a half distance between hood and plants.

G

gudkarma

since i grow in the SOG style, keep multiple mother plants, and have gravitated to this method of farming for a few reasons, i'd say a 4x4 tent (which is difficult, but not impossible, to seperate into 2 spaces) isn't enough space.

size of available space certainly will dictate your game... plus you'll need @ minimum the ability to do these things to be successful : grow a healthy mother plant , cut & run & veg clones , & flower cuttings.

imo, you need at minimum TWO spaces to have a SOG set up.

one for veg.
one for flower.

personally, i keep my veg closet (light proof) inside my flower room.

you'll also need deft cloning skills... the heart of my SOG op is the cloner.

finally, i'll respectfully disagree with the above poster regarding strain choice. i run landrace indicas, hybrids, sativa dom, and more with success.

it's all about cloan-ability of the plant(s) you choose and your skills as a farmer.

G

Greenup

Ok with the mother plant take clones and put them in veg then flowering. Where i am stuck at is where it says 8 or so weeks to flowering how will beable to to harvest every month? R there strains that harvest in 4 weeks or so ?

G

gudkarma

haha.

no.

i harvest every 3 weeks running three individual ebb and flow trays with plants set three weeks apart (at all times).

since you're starting out, you'll need to first grow a mother plant capable of producing clones every 2 or 3 weeks.

that takes several months.

i have 12 mother plants... so i can take cuts anytime.

my SOG schedule forces me to take cuts every other week.

dont forget you can grow clones out as extra moms too.

once you have a mom you can cut, now starts the process of SOGing.

you'll take & root cuts every few weeks as you push plants through the "system".

i've heard of 6 week strains but no grow journals to be found for verification. the fastest flowering strains (ata tundra by seedsman bein one) are generally indica (dom) and run 7 to 8 weeks.

you can SOG anything.

i just did a bagseed SOG experiment in one gallon pots (soil) and did great.

OCTober 004
J

jimbobthe3rd

If you have only the bed inside the 4x4, doing SOG, it's not unsual to yield up to 2lb from the 4x4 space. This would require the tent to be in a room, and having your excess equipment outside the tent obviously :). Might be worth it to hit that 2lb mark.

R

ReCway

finally, i'll respectfully disagree with the above poster regarding strain choice. i run landrace indicas, hybrids, sativa dom, and more with success.

it's all about cloan-ability of the plant(s) you choose and your skills as a farmer.

Yes you are right you can search through all those strains landraces and hybrids and what not.. But it might take a while to find a good SOG plant.. Trust me I have been looking for 7 years..

What I meant was so he doesnt have to look far and wide and pop 100 seeds and wait two years he just pick something with Skunk with some Sativa and im pretty sure what ever it is it will be a good SOG plant... Everything I have grown with Skunk had monster colas..

If you want perpitual in a 4x4 tent then plant half/ then wait 4 weeks and plant the rest.. The only thing is u need to go root to fruit cause there will be no veg time.. But wit the right strain this is a good thing..

M

mrdizzle

do 64 plant, harvest 2lbs plus a run. with works out to a lb a month.

B

Bobby Smith

If you have only the bed inside the 4x4, doing SOG, it's not unsual to yield up to 2lb from the 4x4 space. This would require the tent to be in a room, and having your excess equipment outside the tent obviously :). Might be worth it to hit that 2lb mark.

Your equipment doesn't necessarily have to be outside the tent if you've got lots of bungees - in the video below, I have a carbon filter, two 6" inlines, a dehumidifier, and two oscillating fans in the 4x4 tent.

OP, the pic below is of my old setup (have since thrown away/sold/given away virtually all of the equipment and upgraded to some hot shit, but that's neither here nor there) and that should give you a feel for what's required for a SOG setup - don't let the screen in my flowering tent fool you into thinking it was a SCROG, that was a slapdash add-on for height issues midway through flowering.

That run was 25 plants in a 4x4 (two gallon pots), the run after I did 142 plants (4" square pots).

You need at least two different "rooms" (I used tents, obviously), one always vegging and one always flowering.

Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRXXJyuok90

EDIT: disregard the retarded attempt to pipe CO2 in from a generator - although I got it to work, it was more an issue of pride (and having more time and money than I really needed) than being a feasible delivery system - the watercooled CO2 generators, however, are perfect for pumping CO2 into a tent if you want to go that route.

G

gudkarma

Yes you are right you can search through all those strains landraces and hybrids and what not.. But it might take a while to find a good SOG plant.. Trust me I have been looking for 7 years..

most likely i took that out of context.

regarding a good skunk, i agree with you. a guy for whom i have tons of respect, on another site/forum, swears buy big bud ...even though he runs other stuff. and, there must be a reason so many breeders use skunk (#1 or variation) for crosses ya hear.
:passingjoint:

imo, once you embrace the SOG method, mother plant choice is critical. i am ALWAYS researching strains and possibilities.

SOG is as much about strain choice as it is about the method itself.

with any particular strain at minimum, i look for flower time, source (breeder), type (indica/sativa/ratio), and price for the beans.

i have been on a kush & indica type roll for a while. fast flowering, fast veg growth, kinda forgiving, very potent...

however, i smoked some real deal sour d and got a cut (currently a mom) from a good friend, who grew that very same smoke, soon after. the sour d, a sativa dom plant, finishes in no more than 9 weeks and is DANK as hell. grows fast & not fickle at all.

after the above experience, i have begun to rethink my take on what's necessary in my garden.

G

Greenup

R u all using any anything for the clones like a clone container of some sort. Now with just two tents one for veg one for flowering r u waiting like 8 weeks or sort to cut or just packing it up to pull a like two pounds each run? And how tall do the clones have to be? And is it hard to get 25 clones going? I gotta say you guys have all been real informative

Thanks

G

gudkarma

you really need to read this :

http://www.invalid.com/hydroponics-aeroponics/6592-get-harvest-every-2-weeks.html

audius

audius

for whats its worth,,i use white widow & that strain is awsome for scrogging,,sogging,what the fuck ever. i dont have space for a mother plant so i just clip some cuts before i flip :banana1sv6:

G

Greenup

gudkarma how good will that setup be in soil? someone told me that hydro was more work

audius

audius

green,i have 2 rooms going,,,one space is about 3' x 3'. the other one is a box i built thats 5.5' x5.5'. normally i just grow 4 plants in my 3x3 but this round im cramming in 6,for a faster flowering peroid. i also grow hydro uz its way faster than dirt. yes its a lil more work but,the total outcome is well worth the effort in yeild& growth rate, dude its not that hardto learn. heres some pics of my last grow & the one that i have going now.

Scrog 009
Scrog 008
Scrog 011
Scrog 001
audius

audius

last 2 are in the 3x3 area & i allmost forgot,yes,i also use an areocloner,best thing ever.:evilgrin0040:

audius

audius

im not doing the monthly thing..i let em run say 8 weeks to 9,cut the big top ones then let the bottems ones go for another 2 weeks. the only reason i have 2 plants in there is because i was having some cloning issues,,on those 2 plants i guess i got close to 1/2 pound. with your 1000w light, wow who knows,,i just used a 400 watt on those 2
. there are some great scrog or sog tuturals on this webcite if ya wanna look em up,& i will be honest,,theres some killer scrogs growers that really put out some impressive grows, im still learning a few tricks myself,,

Latest posts

Top Bottom