SOG net size

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

i assume this is the place for general dumb things to ask, if not delete this.
was just wondering if the spacing and the net matters?
4x4 inch 6x6 inch or does it make a difference

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

It does matter to an extent, you don't want too small. 4*4 is probably average. I see the effectiveness being in the materials, not as much the dimensions. I've run scrogs with netting and didn't like it because the plants could distort the netting and pull it out of shape. It's supposed to be the other way around, the netting pulling the plants into shape. If I ran another scrog I'd want a more ridgid frame and taut lines to more firmly hold the branches in place. Experiment with it.

D

dean1963

It does matter to an extent, you don't want too small. 4*4 is probably average. I see the effectiveness being in the materials, not as much the dimensions. I've run scrogs with netting and didn't like it because the plants could distort the netting and pull it out of shape. It's supposed to be the other way around, the netting pulling the plants into shape. If I ran another scrog I'd want a more ridgid frame and taut lines to more firmly hold the branches in place. Experiment with it.
ok thanks. i'm one of those guys that would rather spend 3 hours building something than just buy it for $2 .
i have no issue spending money, i just like to do stuff myself.
20220407 174337

20220407 174337
D

dean1963

.23 tig wire welded every 4 inches.
please tell me using wire is ok. lol

Top Bottom