Soggy cheese ...... won’t stay on my crackers ....

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Been having a hell of a time with getting these cheese dialled in its wet feet I know so I’ve had to get some clay balls and give them better drainage pots are 15 lt so iv filled a good 1/3 rd at bottom of pots , I think @Dr.B will be on my case if I screw these up 😩.
Any advice from the Farm much appreciated I can tell you being a cheese virgin better get back to the class room . Od .

Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers
Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers 2
Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers 3
Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers 4
Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers 5
Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers 6
Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers 7
Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers 8
Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers 9
Soggy cheese  wont stay on my crackers 10
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What are they planted in? What are you feeding? EC and ph of feed and runoff?
For sure looks like a root issue, either from overwatering/poor air retention, ph is way out, root pests, or some or all of the above.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
There in coco perlite , ph I’m at 5.4 to 5.8 , fed first ppm was 550 in 680 out , cal / mag 1.25 per lt silica 1 ml per lt Reiziger base nutes 1/2 ml per lt .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Interesting. And you are watering them every day with plenty of runoff? Ph and ec meters are calibrated? What is the runoff ph? And what is the soil temp around the rootzone if you know? What is the starting water ppm and ph?

Sorry this is some elementary shit im asking here but I'm just covering the bases for my own sake. I'm thinking possible root rot or major ph issues, or both. I'm curious to know what the runoff ph is.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Water ppm is 37 ph is 7.1 which I ph correct first to 6 , ppm of run off give my 5 I’ll check @Dirtbag .

Dr.B

Dr.B

Been having a hell of a time with getting these cheese dialled in its wet feet I know so I’ve had to get some clay balls and give them better drainage pots are 15 lt so iv filled a good 1/3 rd at bottom of pots , I think @Dr.B will be on my case if I screw these up 😩.
Any advice from the Farm much appreciated I can tell you being a cheese virgin better get back to the class room . Od .
Eeeek!

(If I got it, you will too lol)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I’ll flush next feed cal mag and go roots I’m scratching my head cheers for your comments Dirt .

Dr.B

Dr.B

I'm not sure what I can bring to the table here just based on the growing media...

Could be a completely different adventure for you. It looks like it already. I didn't feed overly high.. 75% of bottle directions max in bloom. 50% max in veg. I suppmemented with kelp & potassium silicate up to week 3 bloom and calmag right through, no significant deficiency or excess throughout... They did shock when I moved them from the low wattage light to the big light... Fought with me for about a week, looked similar to yours now but not as bad. Snapped right out of it. Mostly coasted through the cheese even with my less than ideal watering style and wet bottom pots at the time. They like kelp!

Yours dont look unhealthy just unhappy. I'll bet they bounce back pretty quickly. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Nothing jumps out at me... Room temp? Rh? Day night range for both?

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm not sure what I can bring to the table here just based on the growing media...

Could be a completely different adventure for you. It looks like it already. I didn't feed overly high.. 75% of bottle directions max in bloom. 50% max in veg. I suppmemented with kelp & potassium silicate up to week 3 bloom and calmag right through, no significant deficiency or excess throughout... They did shock when I moved them from the low wattage light to the big light... Fought with me for about a week, looked similar to yours now but not as bad. Snapped right out of it. Mostly coasted through the cheese even with my less than ideal watering style and wet bottom pots at the time. They like kelp!

Yours dont look unhealthy just unhappy. I'll bet they bounce back pretty quickly.

Nothing jumps out at me... Room temp? Rh? Day night range for both?
Temp 23.9 th 51%

Dr.B

Dr.B

Couldn't just be something like transplant shock? I went running to the store for kelp at one point raising the first cheese I seeded after a transplant. She laid down for five days... Thought she was done for. Kelped her and let her dry out, went on to be a good mom.

Clones seemed tougher than seeded...

Dr.B

Dr.B

It’s a steep learning curve I’m on and now I’ve moved them into better drainage arrangement fingers crossed they will turn there heads I’m a not going to ever give up . Cheers Dr .
I'm following along... Caught me on my last "home alone" day of 2020... Not my sharpest or most collected self today lol I haven't put on pants in over a week. 🤣🤣🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thoughts and questions.

Ph adjusting water that has 37ppm is a waste imo. Not enough alkalinity to bother.

Are you phing the water after adding all nutrients?

Are you aerating the water after it comes out of the tap for at least a few hrs?
Ph will rise over time from tap water as the carbonic acid is released in the form of co2.

With such low ppm tap water are you adding any alkalinity to the water to help create a more stable ph?

Also what are your rootzone temps?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes ph correcting after the nutes are all done water is rain water temp in root zone is 16 to 19 deg c water no air stone .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well after potting up the cheese has dryer out a bit leaves are not so droopy as before so I think I may have gotten out of jail so far with them no to get the ppm n vpd right today’s temps are better .

Top Bottom