Sogns of bugs , need help asap

• Thread starter Koosh1029
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Koosh1029

New grower here, my plants were healthy the first month , but now they’re getting these “blurry” spots and some lines here and there , starting to spread more , I read that it’s leaf miners, but what about the spots that look blurry? What can I do to cure this problem? Neem oil? ladybugs?

Sogns of bugs  need help asap
K

Koosh1029

You have to identify the bug before you can treat.
Ive been trying to see what’s been on them, but nothing is there, its always just a trace of their path, I see little green bugs that fly away , not multiple , just one , like a quarter size of a centimeter , has a thin body, not oval , not sure if its aphids or what, but thats all ive seen on them

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I saw another post with similar problems and many believed it was Thrips. I've never had an issue with them so I haven't a clue. Try a Google search. I did after reading that other post and you'll no doubt find an answer.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

New grower here, my plants were healthy the first month , but now they’re getting these “blurry” spots and some lines here and there , starting to spread more , I read that it’s leaf miners, but what about the spots that look blurry? What can I do to cure this problem? Neem oil? ladybugs?
Thrips usually leave little spots not trails.i reckon there's a good chance it is leaf miners like you said but i can't say for certain.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

If I had that damage I would be spraying a spinosad product as directed, alternated with neem oil sprays also as directed

D

dumbthumb

yes spinosad is a bacteria pesticide i use around the house and pets also. very safe.
captain jacks and now several other brands.
its concentrate like about an ounce in a gallon of water.

mancorn

mancorn

Can you take a closer picture of one of the effected leaves? Leaf miners leave really specific trails as they tunnel around on the leaf. You can normally find the larval at the end of the tunnel. It will just be a little bump. You can take an exacto knife and slice open the leaf at the end of the trail and see the larval. There almost always around and not usually a big deal. You can just cut off the damaged leaf blade.

Do you have a jewelers loupe? You'll need one to see mites and thrips. Can get a cheapy for $10 online.

Latest posts

Top Bottom