Soil enough or feed?

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I recently started an indoor grow. Seedlings were started in rapid rooter plugs which I’ve heard has nutrients that promote root growth. I’ll be moving seedlings to 3” peat pots in happy frog soil then eventually to 3 gallon smart pots. As I plant to force to flower early when plants are small will this soil provide enuff nutrients for short veg time or will I need nutes?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The soil is usually good for a few weeks so the need to feed shouldn’t be high, if anything a very dilute feeding around week 3-4

jamk911

jamk911

Use a couple tablespoons of blackstrap molasses (super cheap at shoprite right now if youre near a shoprite lol).. it helps the organisms in the soil from what i hear.. you should be good a while tho.. maybe some worm castings thats abt it .. just use something for bloom at abt a week into flower and yer good.. if they start growing fast.. then u could put a very diluted bit of veg fertilizer in to supplement the speedy growth if you want though.. small amts though.. and maybe once or twice tops

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Peat pellet, to happy frog in solo cup. Veg in solo for two -three weeks. Ewc, molasses, fish emulsion tea once each week. That'll get you thru veg. Careful you don't run into P & K deficiency after too long. Prepare flower mix heavy on P & K and transplant. You can try FF ocean floor. I usually lighten up on the ewc and add banana peels to the tea. Keep the molasses in there. Feed once a week for three weeks. Twice a week for three weeks and finish with only water.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

The soil is usually good for a few weeks so the need to feed shouldn’t be high, if anything a very dilute feeding around week 3-4
Ok,ill probably get some molasses & fish emulsion then. I only ask because veg time will be very short. Its technically indoor/out door grow being that set up is in my garage which isnt well insulated & outdoor harvest time where i live is mid oct. My seeds shipping was delayed due to flu so I got late start on seedlings & plan to force flower quite early to beat the cold before oct. Im definately planning on getting a good bloom nute for flower tho.

Top Bottom