Soil growers, why not feed every watering?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Just wondering if there is a good reason not to add nutrients every watering as opposed to the most prescribed every other watering or twice weekly? Of course the dosage would have to be lowered accordingly, but would it not be better for the plants to be fed smaller amounts but more frequantly? Perhaps the plants don't use the nutes from the soil very quickly, and if you feed it before the plant used up it's last feeding you end up overfeeding? I have no idea just curious to know...TIA.

D

Donk Frog

I feed my big girls every watering sometimes 3 times a week....they are all heathy and some seem to want more food.......I am running way more light than I need at least double.....using advanced iguana juice , mother earth tea, and sweet by botanicare

M

mMmTHC

Yea I was wondering how feeding would do with soil... I dont know what Im going to do on my next grow.. anyways this post will keep me updated.. Good luck.

true grit

true grit

Feed every watering here. If it looks like too much then I just reduce the feed a lil bit for the next watering.

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

feeds are salts.. with this there can be a build up but if the plants look green and happy then feed feed feed.. I can go up to 3 on the EC if they can take it.. salts can be flushed away so not really a issue

S

Sirius

salt buildup yes, but nutrient companies recommend that primarily because of the nutrient reserves in the soil... most growers will run no ferts with hot soil until the plants either show signs of deficiencies or until they feel comfortable pushin ferts if they know their strains/medium... once the majority of the ferts are used up within the soil you can feed as your plants require.. this is what i have learned and takes practice...

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

this is also about the availability of NPK so if a young plant does not find the right amounts of NPK available at the time of early growth it will grow plan its season as if it did not have those nutrient.. thats why I like to give her everything.. build it up of course but pump it.. in a hot mix of soil I use indoor mix coco worm castings pre mix bat shit.. and yes there is all what it needs to live for a few weeks in this mix but in early growth I can tell it that it will get every nut I can fit in and knowing the strains I grow I can really feed a lot.. like a child growing up give them milk and the grow up to be body builders..

Top Bottom