Soil Help Please

• Thread starter GratefulOkie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

So I have some soil I am cooking and accidentally, well actually ignorantly was medicated up while working, and dumped 4.5 cups of dolomite lime in when I was only supposed to put 1 cup. Do you think that If I let it cook for a while then cut it in half then half again with Peat it might level out the lime? Just figured you may be someone with more knowledge than myself. I am trying to keep my grows as organic as possible but I am new to largescale growing. Right now I have over 450 plants from flower veg seedling and clones as well as a few choice mothers. this soil I am speaking of is subcools mix and I over did it with the lime. If I was to keep cooking this soil then cut after a few weeks then do the same again, do uou think I would be in the safe zone as far as ph problems are concerned or should I scrap the lot and start over? Please excuse some of my diy stuff, just starting and waiting for a ROA before I can invest in better equipment.

Soil help please
Soil help please 2
Soil help please 3
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
That's a lot of lime and it might cause problems with overbuffering or Ph. I guess it depends on how much soil it is mixed with...if it is a large amount, it might not be a bad thing. A smaller amount of soil would make the lime's effects more notable.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

That's a lot of lime and it might cause problems with overbuffering or Ph. I guess it depends on how much soil it is mixed with...if it is a large amount, it might not be a bad thing. A smaller amount of soil would make the lime's effects more notable.
Well it is 4 large kids swimming pools from walmart. about 8 feet in diameter about 15 inches deep. if that helps man.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well it is 4 large kids swimming pools from walmart. about 8 feet in diameter about 15 inches deep. if that helps man.
ph test it,if it subcools recipe just cutting it would bring down ph,his recipe is designed to be on bottom for that little extras it needs in the late days of the plants life,check the ph of what you have,a npk kit isnt but a few bucks and answer your self,if the numbers are in check run with it

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

ph test it,if it subcools recipe just cutting it would bring down ph,his recipe is designed to be on bottom for that little extras it needs in the late days of the plants life,check the ph of what you have,a npk kit isnt but a few bucks and answer your self,if the numbers are in check run with it
I agree totally. just curious if anyone else has had a problem with it before I waste 2 months on this when I could just make up a new batch. Just hate waste. lol. Thank you for stopping by.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I,m not certain as I,v never mixed that amount of soil in one go but my initial thought is telling me that amount of dolomite lime won't cause too much trouble in that amount of soil.i could be wrong though.
Maybe if you try to add a wee bit more soil to be sure?to dilute the lime a bit?or just do a couple of plants at first just as a trial.dunno if u have the time for that.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

I,m not certain as I,v never mixed that amount of soil in one go but my initial thought is telling me that amount of dolomite lime won't cause too much trouble in that amount of soil.i could be wrong though.
Maybe if you try to add a wee bit more soil to be sure?to dilute the lime a bit?or just do a couple of plants at first just as a trial.dunno if u have the time for that.
Yes, I think no matter what I do I will just grow one plant at first out of each batch I have plenty of time. I am honestly a little overloaded with my "Hopefully" perpetual grow. Thank you for the idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom