Soil PH Problem Help!

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Ok, some of you know me and some of you don't. Been growing for along time. Just got off a five you break. Well, normally I'm a hydro person. Just bought a new house and was tapped out on money. The cheapest way for me to get back into the grow game was soil.

Well, here's my problem. I've got a bunch of different plants going now. The plants are showing signs of toxic problems. I've feed them some Cal mag and water around 6.0-6.5 PH. Well after feeding them. The are showing the famous canoe leafs curving upwards and spots.

I normally was just feeding them plain old tap water and they seem to be loving it, pH around 8.0-8.5. Letting the water sit over night. Do you think my soil is that low in ph. That the higher tap water is equaling it out? Should I just flush with tap water and not mess with the ph and let them be?

I'm really starting to fuckin hate soil. Boy, once I get some cash. I'm going back to Ebb&Flo. Screaw this fushy soil shit. Any help would be great.
Take care,
BG

Billygoat

Billygoat

Get a cheap soil ph tester from wally world(walmart)

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. Just moved to a new area. Nearest Wally World is a hour drive. Going to have to check some local stores. I was thinking one of those might work. I'm hoping someone in the area has one.

Flushed them this morning with some tap water. Will see what happens in a day or two.
Thanks,
BG

Billygoat

Billygoat

just got back from a hardward store and picked up a ph probe. My soil is at 6-6.5 and the directions say I should be in 7-8 "The Green" they call is. So, I'm going to just water with my high ph tap water and pick up a little lime and bring up the ph a little. Some of them are already looking good since the flush this morning.

So, I think the soil ph was just to low and caused some issues.
Take care,
BG

G

Guano

I hope you put some dolomitic lime in your soil to prevent pH problems.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I hope you put some dolomitic lime in your soil to prevent pH problems.

No, didn't put any. Going to pick some up tomorrow and try to fix the problem. Live and learn for sure. Like I said before. I'm not a soil person and I'm learning something every day. lolol.
thanks,
BG

G

Guano

I'm mostly into organics but if you have any more problems stop by the Organic forums or PM me. :yes

Top Bottom