SOIL PH STUCK IN THE 4'S, powdered hydrated lime, pulverized dolomite, bottles of ph up, nothing is helping

• Thread starter myphisfooked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Add a bit of baking soda to a 16oz cup of water and give plant, go light you can allways repeat, this will raise pH naturally.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

so im going to try to be as detailed as possible because i (first time grower) am completely baffled, so i started my first grow, have a 5x5 with a 600w qb, growing (phenofinders) wedding cake and peyote critical in straight fox farms ocean forest. veg went pretty good besides my soil being loaded with fungus gnats (dont believe i over watered, think the soil came loaded with em). so i went from solo cup to 5 gal pot. plants werent large so i wasnt watering until i got runoff, because i didnt want to over water. watered every 3 or 4 days. when they did get big enough i didnt pay attention to runoff at first because i read a few places it didnt matter that much in soil, had very mild leaf problems but chalked it up to the undefeatable gnats i had. (big mistake #1) after a little while i noticed cal mag def. im using tap water but w.e, bought a bottle of calimagic cal mag, used that a few waterings and things were getting worse. so then i started measuring ph runoff, i was in the mid 4s to mid 5s. so it was really a ph problem causing these plants to lockout. okay so i bought some dolomite pellets, think i top dressed like 1 cup of pellets per plant (i have 6 plants), no change, then i read the pellets take a long time to work, so i bought pulverized dolomite, gave them all like a quarter of a cup and switched to flower (big mistake #2) because i couldnt let the plants get any bigger. still, no change in ph. i tried flushing the plants, that lowered my ph a little from 5s to the 4s. then a half a cup each of the pulverized dolomite, you guessed it, still no chamge. sh#t just wasnt working, read about hydrated lime and its a little dangerous to use, well im desperate so i get some and give each plant 1/4 of a cup. no change, some 1 tells me it could be a yeast problem, hit all the plants with a 1 to 4 ratio of h202 to water, thinking it should kill whatever is messing my soil up and the stupid fungus gnats. so now im scared im going to kill all these plants if i keep liming them to death so i focus on trying to fix just one plants ph by doing some drastic measures today. i gave it 1 cup of hydrated lime, did nothing to the ph... then poured half a general hydroponics ph up into a gallon of water, rewatered it, no change in ph. i cant get this ph up to save my life. now this plant has a fat layer of lime on top of it and i just dont know what to do from here. please someone help me fix this

my tap water is 60ppm (forgot to say that with the other plants today i ph'd my water up to 10 then down to 6.8 when i watered because of low ppm, that didn't do squat to them)

using a calibrated blue lab ph meter and ppm meter, (and a cheap ph pen just to be sure)

i recently started an 8x4 tent today too, mixed a cup of pulverized dolomite in with the soil hoping i wont run into this problem with that tent too
The lime goes into the soil before you plant

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Has anyone mentioned root rot? PH will drop like a rock, and the plant will not look good, and usual go to greener pastures.
Are the plants uptaking water? Any foul oder? Will you be uppotting again, or anytime soon?
It might be worth looking into

Top Bottom