Soil ph too high? help

• Thread starter ImaGrowThemPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImaGrowThemPlants

ImaGrowThemPlants

hey guys so i was wondering why im still getting this leaves turning brown/yellowish on edges. so i bought this meter to see my soil ph, is this too high? should i lower my water ph more? ive been watering them tap water adjusting the ph to 6.2-6.5 every watering.

ive been using loam soil (shown in the 1st picture) and added 3 3 3 liquid,
calcium nitrate and wormcasting.

Soil ph too high help
Soil ph too high help 2
Soil ph too high help 4
Soil ph too high help 6
Soil ph too high help 7

Soil ph too high help 3
Soil ph too high help 5
Last edited:
ImaGrowThemPlants

ImaGrowThemPlants

That looks like it could be light stress. Can you describe your growing conditions, especially the lights?

im just growing in my room with a DIY like tent. its basically just clothe rack and wrap it reflective sheet. humidity is at 40-60. temp plays around 24c - 27c

in regards of the lights im using 2 full spectrum leds. I got a 300 watts (sunshine lights?) and a 100 watts ( Violet lights)

i know its not much but im trying to make it on what i have available.
IMG 20230224 143533
IMG 20230224 143521
IMG 20230224 143516
Screenshot 2023 02 24 14 30 50 980 comshopeeph

R

rangabud

How big is that area, an how far are the lights away from the plants? Cos if that is a true 400w worth of led that would be way to much light for that area.
Also does that wrap get warm at all? Kinda screams fire hazard to me.

ImaGrowThemPlants

ImaGrowThemPlants

How big is that area, an how far are the lights away from the plants? Cos if that is a true 400w worth of led that would be way to much light for that area.
Also does that wrap get warm at all? Kinda screams fire hazard to me.

imaybe 2ft length 1ft wide? lights probably 10 inch away .

idk how to identify truee 400w lol

btw for my soil ph is it normal or too high?

R

rangabud

I donthave much experience with soil but I believe pH of 6.0 - 7.0 is good and it looks like your at 7.0.
Also I thought soil generally maintains pH by itself. The only time I've grown in soil I didn't worry about pH at all and they turned out fine.

It does look kinda like light stress but it could be nutrient problems too

As for the 400w if you can find the specific for the light it should say actual power draw and if it's 400w that's way too much for a 2x1 area also with 400w depending on the light but the hang distance for board style would be more like 16 - 24 inch

ImaGrowThemPlants

ImaGrowThemPlants

I donthave much experience with soil but I believe pH of 6.0 - 7.0 is good and it looks like your at 7.0.
Also I thought soil generally maintains pH by itself. The only time I've grown in soil I didn't worry about pH at all and they turned out fine.

It does look kinda like light stress but it could be nutrient problems too

As for the 400w if you can find the specific for the light it should say actual power draw and if it's 400w that's way too much for a 2x1 area also with 400w depending on the light but the hang distance for board style would be more like 16 - 24 inch

alright thanks brother!

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
it depends where your sweet spot is. i ph all my feedings regardless of what's in them to 6.3 (im using FFOF soil)

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's a little hard to tell with these pics. The pattern on the leaves can make light burn and potassium deficiency/lockout look the same. The difference is that potassium symptoms will only be on the lower leaves while light burn will be close to the top or on leaves directly exposed to strong light.

I may be wrong, but it looks like I can see through that mylar. That isn't enough to keep it dark for flowering, unless the room it is in is also dark.

E

Edinburg

Add a very small splash of white vinegar to a 16 oz cup of water this will lower your ph naturally if ph to low add a bit of baking soda to the 16oz cup this will raise it, but go light bc you can always repeat and it does not take much.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

btw for my soil ph is it normal or too high?
That depends on the nutrients you're using. For organic, it's probably okay. For synthetic, it's a bit high. The chart @Cirroji posted shows the optimum pH range for synthetic nutrients. It looks to me like you're mostly organic, but I'm wondering about the "3 3 3 liquid, calcium nitrate" you said you're using. Some discussion about that might help. What type is it and how much are you using?

My thinking is that the problem with leaves is probably light stress. It can show on lower leaves because they're older and have been exposed to the light for a longer amount of time than the newer leaves. It's hard to diagnose, though, because nutrient problems can be similar. That's why it may be helpful to talk about nutrients.

i know its not much but im trying to make it on what i have available.
No worries! Everyone starts at the beginning.

Top Bottom