Soil prep

• Thread starter dread808
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dread808

dread808

I had an aphid problem at the end of the season last year they started to Winter in my Greenhouse I would like to inoculate my soil I usually use food grade hydrogen peroxide but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on treating my soil with neem oil I have read a little bit about it but have no experience with it I'm wondering about the application rates and will hydrogen peroxide kill off any dormant larvae?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Damn little bastards. I too look forward for answers. I haven't had any aphid problems with my babies but last year they wiped out my cucumbers and gourds. I didn't have anything to treat them with so now I keep a bottle of neem oil extract from Garden Safe (love their products). I've used it on our lemon and lime trees for scales but that's the extent of my experience with the product.

dread808

dread808

Damn little bastards. I too look forward for answers. I haven't had any aphid problems with my babies but last year they wiped out my cucumbers and gourds. I didn't have anything to treat them with so now I keep a bottle of neem oil extract from Garden Safe (love their products). I've used it on our lemon and lime trees for scales but that's the extent of my experience with the product.
I'm definitely going to plant some decoy plants possibly in my Greenhouse or on my property which I didn't have last year I think they like tomatoes better than cannabis. I'm on my way to the garden center right now just want to explore some new options I'm going to get some hydrogen peroxide soil treatment but I do want to know about adding neem oil directly into your soil

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

neem oil is pressed from neem cake,they are the same,neem cake is best for amending your soil and keeping some of the bug life out,but doesnt completly fix all,if you are for sure there are larvae in your green house,use capt jacks from any box store ,water it in with a sprayer and give it a good wetting,stand back for a few minutes and any worms such as catipillar,leaf cutters and such will come right to the top to get some were as they die,far as the larvae a couple of spraying as mention above about 3 or 4 days apart will put a good can of whoop ass on them,i cant say it will take all of them but it put a damper on them for sure,any product with perithan think that how you spell it works,my fav is azamax,i spray azamax one day 3 days later capt jacks ,then azamax again,my last spray is a seriouse pepper spray i make and it will gas your ass,with all this said i would only do this if no plants were growing and i had at least a month before planting again,if your plants are growing do the same a week apart,it a cycle for them and in order to get them all you have to keep at them for there life cycle,goggle there life cycle and you will know for sure,me i wouldnt spray but twice and let plants recover,also i mention that if you have flower on plants like squash ,potato and such ,dont get it on the flowers they wont pollentate if you dig

Top Bottom