Soil raising in holes

• Thread starter KyloAaren
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KyloAaren

KyloAaren

It has been hot as heck for the past 3-4 weeks. I have been watering regularly, even excessively to deal with the heat. However, after an extensive watering, yesterday, my soil is raising around the outer circumference of the hole. Did I over water? Or somehow have I been under watering to the point that my roots are increasing too fast with the excess? The plants are not showing signs of over watering.
I’ll take a picture if you need, but it looks exactly as it sounds. It’s also not a mole or anything.

Anthem

Anthem

It has been hot as heck for the past 3-4 weeks. I have been watering regularly, even excessively to deal with the heat. However, after an extensive watering, yesterday, my soil is raising around the outer circumference of the hole. Did I over water? Or somehow have I been under watering to the point that my roots are increasing too fast with the excess? The plants are not showing signs of over watering.
I’ll take a picture if you need, but it looks exactly as it sounds. It’s also not a mole or anything.
Is there clay in the soil?
If you try and dig a hole is it hard to get the dirt off the shovel when the ground is wet?

KyloAaren

KyloAaren

Is there clay in the soil?
If you try and dig a hole is it hard to get the dirt off the shovel when the ground is wet?
Thanks for the reply,
The Soil is placed in clay holes. The clay sticks here and there if it’s wet.

Anthem

Anthem

Thanks for the reply,
The Soil is placed in clay holes. The clay sticks here and there if it’s wet.
You basically have expansive soil, from the clay in the soil. It will expand just like you are seeing. Hope this helps.

KyloAaren

KyloAaren

You basically have expansive soil, from the clay in the soil. It will expand just like you are seeing. Hope this helps.
Thanks a bunch, I will just water a bit less to prevent it from happening further.

KyloAaren

KyloAaren

Actually, turned out I was under-watering, so they hermied when I reduced the water even further...

Tommy626

Tommy626

Yeah you’ll have that. Gotta make sure they get enough h2o

Latest posts

Top Bottom