Soil Recipe Question(s)

• Thread starter atskippy3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
atskippy3

atskippy3

I'm getting ready for this years outdoor grow and I'm in the middle of getting the ingredients for my soil. I would like some constructive opinions if anyone has the time. Please let me know if you feel anything is "missing" or should be added . . . thanks

Pots: 20 gallon Fabric Posts
Seeds: Auto flowering

SOIL
30% Pro-Mix HP or BX
15% Mushroom Compost
15% Earth Worm Castings
30% Perlite

Additions To Soil

1. Gaia Green 4-4-4: 3 or 4 tbsp/gal.
2. Wallace Wow Premium Mycorrhizal Inoculant - 1/2 cup per 20gal pot.

TOP DRESSING

Gaia Green 4.4.4: 2 tbsp/gal - Veg/Flower Start/Flower Mid

or

Gaia 4.4.4 + Gaia Power Bloom 2.8.4 - 2 tbsp/gal

Veg: 70/30
Flower Start: 50/50
Flower Mid: 70/30

I will also be adding molasses to the water . . . thanks

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

1.outside that to much perlite you will be watering your ass off,so add 5% to both compost and ewc or if only one id go with extra ewc.
2.with your pro mix have you looked into the amends of it to see if it will maintain the right lime for the long season,outside were talking 4 months of vegging if you dig.
3.im not familer with your amends ,but keep the npk balanced and you cant go wrong,dont do boasters and such ,and also just my opinion and you really need to think about,is crustains you want shells cutting any critters ass if they get in there also chiton and citnese.
4.you also might want to think about nettine later down line,not scrog netting ,bug netting
5.here is a link you can go into details of your pro mix ,so you get the right one for your area,it does matter ,my area is hot as hell for instants
hope this helps

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

You can't go wrong with the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 rule. 1/3 spag. peat moss, 1/3 perlite or vermiculite, 1/3 compost. Mushroom compost and ew castings are excellent, if you can diversify with more types of compost, do so. Whichever promix you choose, read the label and keep your ratios to thirds. Promix varies and they do offer an organic promix which may be better suited to you. Also, check out "organically done" powdered amendments, they're low cost and effective. Down to earth also offers quality organic products. Good luck!

atskippy3

atskippy3

1.outside that to much perlite you will be watering your ass off,so add 5% to both compost and ewc or if only one id go with extra ewc.
2.with your pro mix have you looked into the amends of it to see if it will maintain the right lime for the long season,outside were talking 4 months of vegging if you dig.
3.im not familer with your amends ,but keep the npk balanced and you cant go wrong,dont do boasters and such ,and also just my opinion and you really need to think about,is crustains you want shells cutting any critters ass if they get in there also chiton and citnese.
4.you also might want to think about nettine later down line,not scrog netting ,bug netting
5.here is a link you can go into details of your pro mix ,so you get the right one for your area,it does matter ,my area is hot as hell for instants
hope this helps

Thank you for the info brother/sister . . . you have been very helpful!!👊

Top Bottom