Soil runoff questions???

• Thread starter llcoolJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

llcoolJ

Hey Farmers,

I am having very slow growth on my Lady Cane x DJ Blueberry girls.

I had them in beer cups full of Roots Organic soil growing like crazy, and transplanted them into the 3 gallon Smart Pots into the same Roots soil about 1.5 weeks ago. There is barely any growth since the transplant, never experienced this before. After transplant my ladies usually blow up.

I have never used Roots soil before. I put the pots in the shower and used the wand to flush them for a couple of minutes, tap water has a ph of 7.0. Picked up the pots and measured the runoff at 5.8.

I then put about 1/2 gallon of water in each pot with, Roots Excelurator, and Silica Blast with a ph of 8.0.

Is this the right way to go about watering by trying to raise the 5.8 runoff? I was figuring if I water at 8 the runoff will be about 6.8.

Any educated opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks again fellas,

LLCoolJ

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I wouldnt water with anything higher than 7.0. That will raise your soils runoff pH up gradually.

Secondly i would let that soil dry out a bit before watering again. Let those roots breathe

J

Jsän

noob ass guess? you killed off your micro herd with the shower water (chlorine) and need to re-inoculate.

i personally would just use some garden lime to balance the PH.

but that is me.
Good luck, i am sure they will bounce back.

L

llcoolJ

Thanks guys for the replies.

I have been watering with 6.8, but that is not working. I contacted the guys at Roots Organics and they suggested watering at 6. With a runoff of 5.8 that doesn't make any sense?

I will let the pots dry out completely. I was just trying to raise the Ph of the soil around the roots with that extra 1/2 gallon watering.

I will innoculate with some ZHO when the pots dry out.

How much lime should I add? Any other suggestions guys, I need this run to get well.

J

Jsän

i would run 2 tablespoons of Dolomite Lime for your 3gal smart pots.

usage varies on soil texture and how much you wish to raise your PH.... but 1tablespoon per gallon is pretty standard. You could probably run the 3tblsp. but best to start small and work your way up.

Make sure you Dial Back your Cal/Mag supplements. Dolomite lime has plenty.

oh and since you will be mostly top dressing and watering it through, try to find the finest grain Lime you can..

Greens.

Top Bottom