Soil runoff test is bad

• Thread starter eebwen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eebwen

eebwen

Got a mother plant that’s showing signs of distress so I did a nutrient runoff test. Ph of solution is 6.5 with an EC of 1.2 going in. Tested the solution coming out and the ph is 7.3 with an EC reading of 3.3, way out of wack. How do I remedy this problem? Thank you in advance.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well without pics its sure hard to tell anything. No idea on plants size, ag, healthy.

Your using an organic soil so ppm is not really something to go by. Ph is but who knows.

No idea if thw soil is depleted and your feeding nutes or adding nutes to soil that still has nutrients in it.

Why are you using PH up?

Using tap water also?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I dont think that measuring the EC of the runoff from a soil will tell you anything...of course is gona be crazy high cause thers a lot of stuff in it ...aka mud 😂....im i wrong?
Also it wont tell you how much has been holded by the peat or whatever ingredient with high CEC....
Your ph is fine i think too for soil runoff
If you think you overfed maybe just plain RO will be the best...

eebwen

eebwen

Well without pics its sure hard to tell anything. No idea on plants size, ag, healthy.

Your using an organic soil so ppm is not really something to go by. Ph is but who knows.

No idea if thw soil is depleted and your feeding nutes or adding nutes to soil that still has nutrients in it.

Why are you using PH up?

Using tap water also?
Ph up because the Jr Peter’s fertilizer drop it to 5.8 and using tap water at 100 ppm

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I'm trying to think of a situation where a mother plant needs 1.2 going in. Why so high? Everything she doesn't eat gets left, hence your 3.3 on the way out. She needs a flush and less food imo. Without pics and more info I'm just guessing tho 👍🌱

eebwen

eebwen

I'm trying to think of a situation where a mother plant needs 1.2 going in. Why so high? Everything she doesn't eat gets left, hence your 3.3 on the way out. She needs a flush and less food imo. Without pics and more info I'm just guessing tho 👍🌱
This is the answer I was looking for thanks

growsince79

growsince79

This is the answer I was looking for thanks
That might be what you're looking for but it's incorrect. I agree with aqua man. Organic nutes measure different than chemical. My Cocoloco is 6.0 ec 3000ppm straight out of the bag. By time they get to 1500 they need food.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Idk I've never used 20-20-20 so I'm shutting up.
That might be what you're looking for but it's incorrect. I agree with aqua man. Organic nutes measure different than chemical. My Cocoloco is 6.0 ec 3000ppm straight out of the bag. By time they get to 1500 they need food.
I think he was being sarcastic 🤷‍♂️ I'm so done trying to help idk

And its not like he's putting 3000 in....whatever

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
No, I'm very serious. Buy a bag and see for yourself. 3000ppm and you can plant seeds straight in it without worries.
I meant the OP was being sarcastic. I can totally tell where you're coming from no prob 👍

Top Bottom