Soil too packed around plant

• Thread starter Bigbud93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigbud93

Bigbud93

Hello, i am growing indoor with light mix (5 cm top layer) and all mix below in a 11l pots. I have a problem as i Think that the soil around stem is too packed and stays wet for too much before drying. On the other side, soil on the edges of the pot (which is directly under lights and not shadowed by leaves) dries out properly and remains fluffy and airy.
Should i water less soil under the shadow of the leaves and more far away from the center? Should i add perlite to my soil(biobizz already contains perlite)
Anyone had this problem before? Thanks

Davide

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes to both questions. Water away from the center and next time add more perlite to your soil. Light mix contains some but not enough. Adding perlite now won’t have the same effect as being mixed into the soil prior to transplanting.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Agree with above; this happens once in awhile, what I do is take a wooden shish kabob stick and hold it about an inch to an inch and a half up from the point so it doesn't go in to deep and I poke a hundred holes in that area

Seems to loosen up some and it also takes water better, but if you're not comfortable doing this don't: I'm just telling you what I do when my soil packs up a bit

Top Bottom