Solex greenhouse material

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Howdy all. Wondering about finish time in green houses in general. last year we harvested up to late December. Most of ourstrains finish in 70to 80 days but it needed longer for thichs to finish.. Any thoughts got 5 mm solex panels, all plants super healthy, Strains , sfvog x jks cleaner, Blowfish, SD,x grapefruit, Bubba Kush, Og jam, Straw dog, Chemdog D..age old nutes in ocean forest.... Thanks CM

S

SLO Grown

Yes I do have a comment about Solexx. Used this product for over 10 years. I would suggest though (depending on region) to go with 3.5 not 5mm. 5mm is really used for Mountain regions and cold growing conditions. 3.5 is much better for light spectrum. But 5mm will work just fine...

Over the 10 years I have used Solexx great yield and finished product!

S

SLO Grown

I agree!

I agree Ch-man, i have used Solexx for going on 10+ years with great results. Diffuse light is best for plant growth.
Read:
The unique Solexx greenhouse covering transmits 70-75 percent of the available light. Most plants only need 40 percent light to grow, but 70-80 percent available light is the optimal growing range. Even on cloudy days, your greenhouse has a pleasant, soft glow inside. The panels diffuse the light evenly throughout the greenhouse eliminating "hot spots" and shadows. Also, a bit less light transmission will help to keep your greenhouse from getting too hot during warm weather.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've been pricing out Solex and it's not in the cards for me anytime soon. I am in the mountains, lower elevation, but I would dearly love to block prying eyes in the skies. I've been wondering about trying a low-% shade fabric for that, but lowest I can find is 20%-30% and I think that's way too much sunlight being blocked to get good bud production. Any thoughts on that?

S

SLO Grown

Plastic

6 Mil White Plastic Greenhouse Film 21 x 100 ft. Great cheap material last 4-6 years depends on region though high winds, cold etx...construct a frame and cover. Just google product above and go to town....

S

SLO Grown

Btw, Seamaiden read "light spectrum" MJ is one of those plants that loves diffuse light.

The unique Solexx greenhouse covering transmits 70-75 percent of the available light. Most plants only need 40 percent light to grow, but 70-80 percent available light is the optimal growing range. Even on cloudy days, your greenhouse has a pleasant, soft glow inside. The panels diffuse the light evenly throughout the greenhouse eliminating "hot spots" and shadows. Also, a bit less light transmission will help to keep your greenhouse from getting too hot during warm weather.

S

SLO Grown

Read this>The unique Solexx greenhouse covering transmits 70-75 percent of the available light. Most plants only need 40 percent light to grow, but 70-80 percent available light is the optimal growing range. Even on cloudy days, your greenhouse has a pleasant, soft glow inside. The panels diffuse the light evenly throughout the greenhouse eliminating "hot spots" and shadows. Also, a bit less light transmission will help to keep your greenhouse from getting too hot during warm weather.

Check out this sight for film...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We choose the 5 ml as were at 6200 feet. We heated with propane last winter way too expensive. Will consider other winter growing methods in cold weather Temps can reach 110 plants love it. We do have thermostats that open lovered doors and fans blowing out hot air. Also key are fans constantly circulating air good for plants It was expensive but in the long run worth it as we grow a lot more than mj in the house. We also have a 6,000 sq ft veggie garden raise as much food as we can, support local organic sustainable farms, stay away from store bought food like substances...raw goat milk and cheese, chicken, grass fed beef, lots of local fruits, we live in paradise...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Chickenman, I've gotta see paradise. I've had my nose stuck in Acres mags since I got my first subscription and it's seriously whetted my appetite. A 6000'sq GH? My God! It's a faery-land!
6 Mil White Plastic Greenhouse Film 21 x 100 ft. Great cheap material last 4-6 years depends on region though high winds, cold etx...construct a frame and cover. Just google product above and go to town....
Thank you VERY much for this! I'm in the Sierra Nevada, western scarp @ 2500'. It can get windy, but that's usually a fall/winter problem. If I can do a hoophouse with this stuff then that would be fantastic.
Read this>The unique Solexx greenhouse covering transmits 70-75 percent of the available light. Most plants only need 40 percent light to grow, but 70-80 percent available light is the optimal growing range. Even on cloudy days, your greenhouse has a pleasant, soft glow inside. The panels diffuse the light evenly throughout the greenhouse eliminating "hot spots" and shadows. Also, a bit less light transmission will help to keep your greenhouse from getting too hot during warm weather.

Check out this sight for film...
Thank you again. I can see me practically living in a GH, especially if it's a little more humid in there... mmmmm..

S

SLO Grown

Sounds like you got all you need, good luck up there....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Our garden is 6000 sqft, Greenhouse is 15 by 40....Make sure to vent well. Would wellbe worth investing in exhaust fans thermostaticaly controled to vent out hot air aas well as circulating fans to move air around inside. The dough your saving on material could justify investing in a good vent system and from my experience thats key to greenhouse growin......

S

SLO Grown

Again "chickman" I agree! I use a Solar powered vent. it works great. But what ever you do make sure you get that air moving...

G

Greenmantis

Our garden is 6000 sqft, Greenhouse is 15 by 40....Make sure to vent well. Would wellbe worth investing in exhaust fans thermostaticaly controled to vent out hot air aas well as circulating fans to move air around inside. The dough your saving on material could justify investing in a good vent system and from my experience thats key to greenhouse growin......

Is it possible for me to get a pic of the greenhouse? I am working with about the same square footage and would like ideas on building a wooden fence with a solexx roof... Thanks!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Hardy Stove

I've got a hardy stove, put wood in it and it heats your home, hot tub, pool, water or greenhouse. I have one and I use it to heat my house and hot water(all year). They do burn some wood, but if you live in the woods

mal

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
:makeupwill send pics, going to shoot some today.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
inside greenhouse,one way to secure solex...

IMG 16791

Solex comes in 50 inch wide rolls. Use 1 by 2s secured to roof trusses, screw on with rubberer washered screws supplied by Solex. Why not do entire structure with Solex? Cant see in and the extra investment will pay off imo

IMG 16801

Bedding plants
IMG 16811

Maters...

I

Indicas4me

I know Solex is expensive.So if someone had one of these greenhouses the Helicopter could not see your plants or do anything about it,even if suspected?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I know Solex is expensive.So if someone had one of these greenhouses the Helicopter could not see your plants or do anything about it,even if suspected?

Cant see inside, no way.. even standing right outside, so its really none of their fuckin bussiness what your growing inside if they cant see from outside. costs a lot more than plain plastic, way better in many ways as far as filtering light, can get over 100 deg., as long as air is curculating well inside house, and ventelated out plants love it. Will also last 15 yrs plus....

S

SLO Grown

Ditto...Really private "Solexx"

Btw, great looking Greenhouse you have there Chickman.

S

Simple

Great thread.
up in the sierra mnts. Greenhouse film and hoop houses are the way to go for sure. Not to expensive but very efficient. But my two cents is make sure you have REALLY sturdy stakes in the ground. As im sure you know this. the wind and rain gets CRAZY out there sometimes. Im also looking into the Solex for new projects. Sounds like people are very satisfied with the results.

Thanks everyone for the product reviews! love this place. Peace and Love to all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom